𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

Start from the beginning

Walburga forced a smile as the family of three entered the living room, exchanging hand-shakes and cheek kisses as they did so, before residing on one of the three sofas. Walburga and Orion sat opposite them.

They made small-talk a few moments, before Evan Rosiers father, Edward Rosier spoke up.

"So." He said, his voice deep but rather soft. "Where is the girl?"

All three of the Rosiers heads turned to look at Orion as he met Edwards eyes, neither of them blinking.

"Cassiopeia will be down soon." Orion spoke, the girls name slightly bitter on his tongue. "But before she comes down, there is something we must discuss."

Edward rasied an eyebrow, looking over at his son, before looking back at Orion.

"Which is?" He asked shortly, getting rather impatient as he waited for the other man to find the right words.

"Well, Cassiopeia doesn't quite know yet-"

"You mean you haven't told her yet?" Evan cut in, shutting up the moment his father sent him a harsh glare, which would send shivers down anyones spine.

Walburga sent Evan a look aswell, as if daring him to talk to her husband like that one more time. Evan looked down at his lap as he let the adults talk.

"That isn't what I am saying." Orion said through gritted teeth, "What I mean is that the occasion to tell her, hasn't yet come up."

Edward nodded, turning to look at his wife, who was staring at him already.

"We plan to tell her tomorrow." Orion continued, all attention going back onto him. "But for tonight, please keep the matter a secret."

The Rosier's quickly shared a look, trying their hardest not to roll their eyes at the family who had invited them over for dinner.

"Okay." Said Edward after a short moment.

"We won't mention your daughters betrothal to my son."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"Can you pass the peas?" Cassie spoke up, looking over at Regulus, who moved to pass the girl the peas, before she winced slightly and added:

"Please?"

Regulus raised an eyebrow, but passed the girl the peas, watching her carefully as she placed some on her plate, then pushed the bowl away, muttering a 'thank you.'

"So, Cassiopeia." Edward Rosier spoke up, smiling eerily at the girl, who didn't look up at him as she replied.

"Yes?"

She winced again, before looking up and repeating her response.

"Yes?"

"What do you want to become when you leave school?"

Cassies eyes widened as she looked at the man, she hadn't yet told her parents she didn't want to work on the Minstry of Magic like they had planned out for her ever since she was able to talk.

She hadn't told them she wanted to be a teacher so that she could help inspire kids and watch them grow as they went through her class year after year until they graduated. How she wanted to help them through tough times they were having either at home or in school and always be there for them unlike so many people who hadn't been there for her. She wanted to teach, be able to help others get to where they want in life, and help them choose their own life: not have their parents choose it for them.

She smiled to herself as she realised something:

this was how to cut another string

Her parents would never react badly infront of any guests, their reputation came above everything and anyone else.

And because they couldn't react badly, her parents would see the Rosiers opinions and they would influence their own. She only hoped that the Rosiers thought being a teacher would be a good idea.

"I want to be a professor at Hogwarts." Cassie spoke up, smiling slightly at Edward, who nodded slowly.

Orion and Walburga shared a look, both of them had their eyes wide and sneers taking over their faces. Cassie winced again as she felt her mother kick her leg once again.

"What would you like to teach?" Edward continued, putting down his silver knife and fork and resting his hands on the table infront of him.

Cassie shrugged slightly, also placing her knife and fork down.

"Either Defence Against the Dark Arts, or Care of Magical Creatures."

Edward nodded once again.

"That's seems like a good job, very different than others." He looked back down at his food and began to eat again.

"I wanted to be a teacher when I was your age, of course, my parents had other plans; so it's rather admirable that your parents are letting you be one."

Orion and Walburga shared a smug look, both of them then looking over to their daughter and sending slight nods of approvement.

Cassie smirked to herself, going back to eating her meal. Her mother didn't kick her under the table anymore throughout the meal, instead looking as if she was interested when her daughter spoke.

She belived she'd cut another string.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

HELLO, I'M SO SORRY
THIS CHAPTER IS LATE

I KINDA GOT ANIMAL CROSSING
AND I'M SLIGHTLY OBSESSED..

ANYWAYS, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER.

CASSIE IS MY LITTLE BEAN, I LOVE HER SFMM, AND NEXT CHAPTER
WILL BE COME JAMES AND CASSIE
CONTENT!!

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU
THOUGHT OF THIS CHAPTER
AND UNTIL NEXT TIME

- Emily xx