"The Lab Partner." Pt. 3

Start from the beginning

Ned connected the dots and gasped. "This is Wade?" He whispered quickly, before they sat down.

Peter nodded, sitting down beside Wade. He wasn't really hungry, but Wade would eat his lunch.

Wade immediately took his lunch and started eating the soggy pepper slices. Their school lunches had really weird combos.

Mj and Ned sat across the table as usual.

It was awkward.

Mj was drawing people who walked by. Her memory was as sharp as a blade. Ned was ranting on and on to Wade, who didn't seem to mind. Peter sat quietly and listened.

Peter liked listening better than talking. That's probably why he was so bad at starting conversations.

Ned finally went silent, running out of things to talk about.

Wade turned to Peter and smiled, he offered him a pepper slice. To which, Peter accepted.

"So, you have the materials?" Peter asked, munching on the pepper.

Wade nodded. "They're in my locker."

They continued snacking until the bell was about to ring. They all dumped and returned their trays to the lunch workers.

Their next classes were all a blur, until Chemistry. Peter was relieved it was that last class of the day.

Peter had a skip in his step and sat down, Wade wasn't here yet. Typical.

The teacher was getting impatient, but Wade stepped right through the door before the bell rang.

"Not late." Wade called, sitting down besides Peter.

Peter rubbed his face and waited for the teacher to start class.

"Sorry I took so long." Wade whispered, smiling at Peter with a big grin.

Peter returned the smile and looked back at the teacher, who was waiting for them to stop talking.

"As much as I love you talking, could it wait? Just 3 minutes then you guys are free." She exclaimed.

Silence.

"So, I see some of you have materials, and some don't. I have scissors, air dry clay, construction paper, glue, and some shoe boxes."

Flash rolled his eyes. Peter smiled at the teacher, who smiled back.

"That is all, you're free."

Everyone immediately broke into their groups and started talking.

Wade slid over to Peter more.

He's pretty close, Peter thought. He avoided eye contact and waited for Wade to get his supplies open.

There was some clay, that came with paints. And some tooth picks.

Wade was very proud of what he bought.

"Oh! And the staff asked me to give you these!" The teacher announced, pulling papers out of her drawer.

"I mean you probably already saw the fliers around, but there's a dance. Since it's your last year, people are getting competitive." She passed them around. Mostly seniors were in this class, occasionally an underclassmen who was running ahead.

It was a sheet that said 'senior dance!' at the top. It explained there'd be drinks, dancing, and an announcement and electing for the king and queen of the court.

Peter sighed and turned back to Wade, but Wade was pretty interested.

"We should go Petey!" Wade nudged him.