"What the fuck did you do to your hair girl?" Orion Black barked at his daughter as she looked up at him from her bed, quickly pulling her duvet over the two-way mirror that was next to her.

She hadn't yet talked to James, she had to wait for most of her visible wounds to heal before she did that. She couldn't have him finding out what happened at home before she was ready to tell him, if she ever would be.

But she slept with the mirror next to her each night, for some reassurance that she wasn't alone, and that someone was there for her when she needed them to be.

She had heard James talk to her each night, telling her about his day, and that was her favourite part of the day. Even if she wasn't having a good time she was happy that he was, that was enough to make her feel as if she was okay.

"I cut it." She replied, not looking up from her book and lazily turning the page, the footsteps of her father making her heart beat louder in her ear with each step. But she would no-longer show him the effect that he had on her.

He won't get the satisfaction if she didn't give the reaction.

He snatched the book out of her grasp, throwing it to the floor besides the bed. Cassie looked up at him, praying to Merlin that her eyes didn't betray her as she met his gaze.

"Now is not the time to get smart." He spoke, his voice dangerously calm sending slight shivers down her spine as she looked up at him.

"Whatever do you mean father?" She asked, her bottom lip sticking out in mock confusion. "I was answering your question."

Orions hand reached for the wand that was situated on his belt, but it stopped only centimetres away from the wood.

The man took in a deep breath as he reached into his pocket, pulling out a small vile and shoving it into the palm of her hand, the glass almost smashing under the force.

"Drink this now, it will heal your face, but your face only." He spoke, watching as the girl raised an eyebrow and pulled the cork off of the vile and brought it up to her nose, sniffing it a few times.

"It isn't poisoned you stupid girl." Orion spoke, his eyes reducing to slits.

"The Rosiers are coming for dinner, and you need to look presentable." Cassie nodded slightly, and drank the liquid in the vile, before her eyes widened and she looked up at her father.

"The Rosiers are coming here?" She asked, watching again as her fathers hand inched for his wand, stopping just before his fingers wrapped around the wood.

"That is what I said, yes." Orion walked to the door of the girls room, turning around to face her before he left the room.

"Clean your room, and try to do something nice with your mess of hair." He spoke, his eyes scanning over her hair.

Cassie smirked slightly, deciding to test her fathers limits as she commented:

"Why do I need to clean my room? It's not like we are going to eat in here?"

She watched as Orions hand once again went to his wand, a satisfied smile on her lips as he just slammed the door behined him.

"She's much too valuable." She heard him mutter as he walked away from her room.

She then knew how to cut another string.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

HELLLOOOO

IM SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS
LATE, I HAD SOMETHING TO
DO FOR ONE OF MY FRIENDS
BIRTHDAY WHICH IS TMRR
(EVERYONE WISH HER A
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!)

AND THEN BOOM, HERE IT IS!

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS
CHAPTER AND HFALJFKA
POOR REGGIE, AND MY PLAN
IS STARTING TO COME INTO
ACTION :)

AS USUAL, PLESE TELL
ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT OR
WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE MORE OF?

AND UNTIL NEXT TIME

- Emily xx