"But I needed to do this." She turned to face the younger boy, who stared up at her from his place on the floor, playing absent-mindedly with one of the tassles on her rug.

"I can't have them throwing me around like I'm their puppet on strings. It's about time I cut those strings."

And in some way, she already had. Cutting her hair was the first string cut. But puppets never only had one string, how else would they move around? Their puppet masters ensuring that they had total control over the puppet. There were more strings to cut and while she may have cut one string loose, many more remained. But she would cut those strings, no matter how long they took, or how hard they were to cut.

She was determined to cut them.

She wasn't placed in Slytherin for nothing.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"D'you think we could make the motorcycle fly?" Sirius wondered aloud, watching as James messed around with the snitch in one hand, one of Euphemias strawberry ice-creams in his other hand.

The two boys were lazily resting on the sofas in the Potter Manor living room, James sitting in the quiltwork arm-chair, his legs over one of the arms while his back rested against another. A pillow was supporting his head as he ate his ice-cream, drips from where it had already melted running down his hand.

Sirius was sitting upside-down on the sofa. His feet hanging over the back of it while his head was hanging off the seat, his hair spread around his face like a lions mane.

The two of them were worn out from the water-fight they had had earlier that day. They were out by the nearest park for hours, the two of them bringing a bag with an undetectable-extension charm, which was filled with different water balloons and water guns.

The two must have spent hours playing around in the sun, their shirts off showing their toned stomachs to anyone passing, creating a small crowd of girls watching them, their trousers soaked through, clinging to their skin slightly.

When Sirius had noticed their was a crowd watching the two, he put his hands up in surrender and walked over to James, motioning towards the girls.

James and Sirius simultaneously looked over towards the girls, letting out matching laughs as they all looked away at once. The two of them decided to call it a day then, putting their shirts back on - much to the dismay of the girls watching - and grabbing their bags before walking back to the Potter Manor, mocking a few of the girls as they went.

James looked over at his friend, taking the ice-cream out of his mouth as he did so.

"What the fuck goes on in that special little head of yours?" He asked, letting go of the struggling snitch and letting it fly around the room.

"Sex thoughts." Sirius shrugged, which looked very odd considering the way he was sitting.

"But then sometimes, very rarely, I have amazing thoughts like this, but mostly sex thoughts."

James let out a chuckle as he sat up, looking properly at Sirius, who also sat up, reaching for his lemonade on the table next to the sofa.

"I mean, we could always ask dad if he could charm it?" Sirius nodded like a child asked if they wanted ice-cream before dinner. Making James smile as he stood up, stretching, his back cracking as he did so.

"That hurt." He said, putting the rest of his ice-cream in his mouth.

"You big baby."

・・・☽✥☾・・・