𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

Start from the beginning

"What's up?" Sirius asked, blowing some hair out of his eyes as he placed his hands in his pockets.

"You can't keep in contact with Cassie this summer." Regulus said bluntly, rolling his eyes as the Gryffindor furrowed his eyebrows, pulling a face at him.

"Why?" Sirius asked, watching as Regulus rolled his eyes yet again.

"You just can't, okay?" Regulus let out a short sigh, "Trust me."

Sirius let out a fake laugh.

"I'm not going to not talk to my sister all summer, Regulus, you're crazy if you think I am."

"You've achieved not talking to me all year, why should this be any different?" Regulus asked, his eyes narrowing as he looked at Sirius, trying to keep his voice one volume so no-one would or could listen in.

"Oh, fuck off Reg." Sirius replied, his voice raising slightly so the noise inside the Marauders compartment faltered slightly, before it picked up again.

"Sirius, you can't talk to her." Regulus repeated, his tone staying calm as he stared at his brother.

"You can't stop me-"

"Can you think of others instead of yourself for once?" Regulus hissed, now getting annoyed with Sirius.

"Okay, I won't send her letters." The Gryffindor replied as he stared down at his younger brother, a frown on his lips as he ran a hand through his hair.

Regulus would never tell Sirius that he couldn't talk to Cassie unless there was a reason on why he couldn't, and he knew his brother well enough to know that he only wanted Cassie to be happy.

But that's what Sirius wanted too, for Cassie to be happy.

And he couldn't make her happy unless he somehow talked to her over the summer, she had been so cross with him last summer, and he didn't want her to be cross with him again. He hated seeing her annoyed and when it was with him, he absolutely despised it.

He had also hated not talking to her the previous summer, but he felt like she needed space, he didn't want to force her to talk until she wanted to.

But then, Regulus knew more about what would go on at Grimmauld Place if their parents found out that the two of them had been talking, Sirius knew that much. And he didn't want to get her into more trouble if they did find out they were sending letters back and forth.

There must be a serious reason that Regulus had come to tell him not to talk to her.

Sirius eyes widened as he thought of two things, one of them being positive, the other negative.

"They haven't changed the punishments since I've left, have they?"

Regulus stared at Sirius, his face blank and emotionless as he didn't break eye contact with his brother.

Regulus could have told Sirius the truth, that would have made things so much easier.

That would have made things end quicker, it would have made Cassie safe quicker, but instead Regulus said:

"No."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

James looked confused as he followed Sirius down the train, a mirror in his hands.

The dark-haired boy looking into the different compartments as he looked for his sister, frowning when he passed a few not seeing her in any of them.