Dude & Beauty Series 2 : The Beauty & The Admirer

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part. This is the same story as the previous part but in Omkara's perspective.

I ran beside the stretcher watching her helplessly scream in pain. Every time she screamed I felt as if someone was squeezing my heart. My whole life revolved around her and she was in pain because of me.

"Om!" she gasps as she clutched her stomach.

"I am here, Gauri... I am here." I tell her trying to act brave and calm. "Everything is going to be fine." I tell her.

"I am scared, Om." Gauri whispers.

"I am here, Gauri. Nothing will happen to you or our baby." I reassure her though all the while I prayed for God's mercy. Without her by my side, I couldn't even breathe.

Seeing that we reached the labor room I quickly hold her hand and kisses her on her fist, she was clutching my hand.

"I love you, Gauri. And you are going to be fine." I stood there watching as they wheeled her into the labor room.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and turns to look at the man who apart from Gauri understood the depth of my love for Gauri, Rakesh Sharma, Gauri's father and my friend.

"She is going to be fine." he tells me smiling.

"It is going to be cesarean." I tell him helplessly.

"I know... it is going to be fine. C-section means it will be over in no time." He tells me to calm me.

I nod and pray for my Gauri.

Finally, it was over and the doctor had declared that Gauri and baby were safe and sound. As I stood with our family a nurse brought our baby. Swallowing hard I walked towards the nurse, I wanted to cry in relief and laugh in joy seeing the tiny bundle on her arms. As pure happiness filled my heart completely I looked at our baby. She hands me the baby and I took my baby in my hands for the first time and suddenly everyone was with me looking at our little miracle. As I looked at the baby a happy sob escaped my throat and I laugh in joy. I think because of the noise I made the baby opened its eyes and our eyes locked for the first time, and looking into someone's eyes for the second time in my life I fell in love.

Twelve years ago my life was different. I was different. I was carefree and lived by my rules. Everyone used to bow down to me. Girls used to flock around me while the guys used to worship me. I was the college heartthrob Omkara Singh Oberoi. Every girl in college was crazy about me and I was shamelessly proud of it. It's been one month since college started and I as usual was late to reach college. I sauntered to my class ignoring all the girls eyeing me. Though I enjoyed it, I never showed it. Anyway, I walk into my class and that is the first time I saw her in my life or maybe I might have seen her before, I never remembered the girls' faces that much. I stopped as I watched her sitting in my seat.

Then I slowly walked towards her and kept looking at her, waiting for her to look up at me. She seemed to be busy reading some novel, after waiting for a minute I realized she was not going to look up. Sighing loudly I drop my books on the desk and she looks up at me in shock.

Then the strangest thing happened, she didn't ogle at me, she didn't drool, she was not a puddle at my feet. She just kept looking at me curiously. I was shocked though I didn't show it. She was waiting for me to say something!!! I was flabbergasted... here was Omkara Singh Oberoi in front of her and she was giving me curious looks! As if it was not a big deal! Maybe she is blind but then she is reading. Hmmm maybe she is short sighted or long sighted? What was that, that couldn't see up-close?

"May I help you?" she asked me curiously.

She can see me! And she is not sighing or jumping up and down that I was looking at her! What has happened to the world?