Love Trilogy 3 : Stubborn Love

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous story. Sorry, I have been a little busy and I am not able to reply to the PMs, will do so as soon as I get some time.

Gauri, Pinky and Shakti walks into Oberoi Mansion wondering what the urgency could be. They walk in to find the Oberoi clan waiting for them including Anika. Gauri walks to her and hugs her smiling, "Di."

Soon, Shakti and Pinky were hugging Anika and asking her about her life in her new sasural. It's been a little over a month since Anika got married. Gauri smiles at her sister's in-laws and makes some polite conversations with them. Then she walks towards Omkara who was leaning near the window watching everything silently.

"How are you doing?" Omkara asks her in a gentle whisper.

"Getting better." Gauri replies as she watches her happy sister. It still hurt something fierce looking at her sister or coming to Oberoi Mansion. The man she had loved was married to her sister now. She gave up her boyfriend for her sister. She has been trying to forget him and move on in life but she was not able to do it as she has loved him for the longest time.

"Why did you ask us to come urgently?" Shakti asks Anika.

"Is everything alright, Di?" Gauri asks walking towards her worried.

"Yes."

"What did you want to tell us?" Pinky asks her.

"That Papa... we wanted to tell you something." Anika says with a shy blush.

"What?"

Anika turns to her mother-in-law for help as she blushed uncontrollably.

"We are going to be grandparents." Jhanvi informs Shakti and Pinky happily.

Gauri turns to Anika in shock and sees her happily smiling. Forgetting her pain she hugs Anika plastering a smile on her face and Anika hugs her happily. Gauri turns to look at Omkara and he was watching her sadly. Gauri closes her eyes to hide her pain and then quickly steps away from Anika as her parents hugged her happily wishing her. Seeing everyone so excited, Gauri couldn't take it anymore and she quietly leaves from there.

Gauri walks to the pool area and sits on one of the lounger as the tears dropped down. She knew that neither her parents nor anyone would notice that she was missing as they would be too happy at present. The only person who would notice that she had left was Omkara and he would come behind her in a few minutes. He always managed to realize when she was upset. He always was there when she needed him. She didn't know how he did it but he was always there for her. He was her anchor.

She feels him sit next to her and she turns to him with tears in her eyes. Without a word he hugs her. Gauri cries as she hugged him tight around his waist. She was getting his shirt all wet and it was not the first time. He was the shoulder she cried on since she was a baby. He was her best friend.

"You have to let go, Gauri." Omkara gently tells her.

"I am trying." Gauri tells him as she looked up at him. "I am really trying."

"I know." Omkara replies. "But you have to try harder. He is no longer yours. He is married and now he is going to be a father."

Gauri hugs him as she broke into loud sobs. Omkara hugs her muffling her loud sobs. Omkara gently pats her back as he tries to calm her down. Gauri calms down as she thought of Shivaay. She had been in love with him since she started college. Even though she has known the Oberoi brothers ever since she was a kid, she had started having romantic feelings for the elder Oberoi when she had joined college and got to know him better. Omkara, she has known him since they were in pre-school. They were best friends since then. She grew up in his house and he in hers. They were such best friends that their parents also became friends because of that. Then she fell in love with Shivaay, and had told Omkara about it. Omkara had told Shivaay about her feelings for him, on her insistence. Shivaay reciprocated her feelings and they were together for about a month when he met her elder sister and fell in love hopelessly with her. When she found out about that, she was heartbroken and when she realized that Shivaay and Anika were willing to forget their love for her happiness, she had stepped aside and let them be together. They got married quickly after that with her blessings and now they were waiting for their first baby. Shivaay and Anika are under the impression that she was over Shivaay. Only Omkara knew about her pain and heartache. Without even telling him much, he always knew her pain and like this time, he would come running to help her.