All Roads Leads to You (OS)

Thank you all for voting and commenting on the previous story.

"Happy Birthday."

I wake up hearing her whispering that into my ears. For a moment I forget everything, all the pain and betrayal and smile happily as I opened my eyes. I turn to look at her and there she was smiling at me lovingly.

"Gauri..."

"What does the birthday boy want as a gift?" she asked me as she wrapped her arms over me lovingly.

I just couldn't help be honest and tell her. "You."

"Silly, I am yours. What else you want?" Gauri asks me chuckling.

I shrug in reply feeling anger over her lies. I sit up from bed and she follows me with a smile not even registering the fact that I was not smiling at her anymore.

"Don't get mad." Gauri tells me in a regretful tone, "I have to work late tonight. I tried getting out of it but I just couldn't. So we will celebrate your birthday tomorrow. Okay?"

"Obviously work is more important." I crib as I got up from bed and suddenly she holds my hand. I turn back to look at her and she was watching me curiously.

"Is everything alright?"

"Why? You think something is wrong?" I couldn't help ask back mockingly.

Gauri hesitates for a moment then she kneels on the bed and moves towards me, "I don't know... something feels so off between us lately. You seem distant. Everything is fine, right?"

"What could be wrong?"

"I don't know... after that day we never made love." Gauri hesitantly says reminding me of the one time we made love.

"You are always busy, Gauri. And the rare times you come over to my place I am not in the mood." I tell her and walk off.

"Do you think I am ignoring you?" Gauri asks me as she followed me to the washroom.

"Why do you feel like that?" I ask her back and she looks at me confused and hurt. God! I just couldn't help marvel at what an awesome actress she was. She should definitely give the movies a try.

"If there is anything we should talk about it."

"I am all ears, love." I tell her and slam the door on her face.

After my shower, I come out of the bathroom and sees that Gauri was no longer in the bedroom. I walk to the kitchen to check on her and sees that she was busy talking on the phone.

"Come on... I had to wish him and make plans for tomorrow otherwise he would get suspicious." Gauri was whispering onto the phone. I felt my blood boiling as I realized who she was talking to, my so called best friend Dandi.

"Yeah... I'll come to your place at 6 in the evening." She whispers to him just before she hung up.

She has been having an affair with him behind my back. I would have never believed that Gauri or Dandi can ever cheat me. When Svetlana had told me about their affair first, I had brushed it off as her jealous and spiteful nature as I had chosen Gauri over her. But then she had proved it to me and I caught Gauri lying to me over and over when she said that she would be working late and I would see her with Dandi. But till now I never confronted her because I thought and hoped that this would be a passing fancy for her and she would get over him and come back to me because it would simply kill me if she chose him over me. But slowly my patience and tolerance were draining. This was the last straw. She couldn't even spend the day with me for my birthday. She had to go to that Dandi!!! I couldn't take it anymore without even telling her anything I walk out of my own house.