Fire & Ice (OS)

Thank you for voting and commenting on the previous story. Will reply to them soon :)

Gauri nervously walks towards the reception. "I want to meet Dr. Oberoi."

"Do you have an appointment, Ma'm?"

"No."

"Please fill this and do you have any medical card?" the receptionist asks passing her the form to fill.

"I am not here for consultation. It is personal." Gauri tells her.

"What's your name, madam?"

"Gauri Kumari Sharma."

"Please wait a second, Madam." The receptionist says and takes the phone and dials a number. "Hello Doctor... One Ms. Sharma is here to see you. She said it is personal... Okay Doctor." Receptionist hangs up the phone and turns to Gauri. "He is busy with the patients. He asked you to wait."

Gauri nods and sits on the couch nervously. He asked her to wait. She had expected him to come running out to see her. What was she expecting? What was she doing here? She should just leave and deal with this herself but then she will never be able to forgive herself if he was left unaware. Gauri sighs as she closed her eyes.

Three hours later, Gauri was still waiting and there was no sign of him. The receptionist had called him again and he had again asked her to wait. Today was a busy day it seems.

Gauri was feeling hungry; she hadn't had anything since morning. She wondered whether she should go to a restaurant and eat but what if he leaves when she is away. Gauri walks to the vending machine and puts in a coin to get a bottle of water.

"Gauri?" Omkara calls her name surprised.

Gauri turns to him and was shocked to see his surprised look. Didn't he know she had been waiting for him for three hours now?

"What are you doing here? You alright?" Omkara asks her. "Oh wait a minute." Omkara walks towards the reception, "Someone was waiting for me, right? Did they leave or are they still here?"

"It was me." Gauri tells him.

"You?" Omkara turns to her surprised. "Oh I didn't know it was you. They told me Ms. Sharma and I didn't know your surname. If I knew it was you I wouldn't have made you wait. Sorry about that. Today was really hectic."

Gauri looks at him confused, God he talked too much. I hope our kid is not so talkative.

"Come with me." Omkara says as he led her towards his room.

"You said you would call." Omkara tells her as he closed the door.

"I just got back from home today." Gauri tells him.

"And you came to see me?" Omkara asks smiling as he pulled up a chair for her and sits on the one next to that instead of the doctor's chair. He takes her hand in his, "I have been thinking about you. I did mean what I told you that day."

"That you are falling in love with me?" Gauri asks him.

"Yes."

"And you didn't know my surname."

"What is in a name?" Omkara asks her.

"Are you like this with every girl you meet?"

"No... you are special... I fell in love with you the moment I saw you." Omkara tells her. "Don't you feel like that, Gauri?"

"We don't know each other, Om."

"We'll get to know each other."

Gauri remains silent as she got lost in thoughts. What did she know about him? Nothing. Other than where he worked and that he is a Doctor. She had met him at a friend's party, talked to him and found some kind of attraction towards him and was ecstatic when she realized it was mutual and then throwing caution in the wind she had slept with him. Now she was pregnant with his baby.