In Her Love

Hello everyone, this is a one shot fanfic. Let me warn you, it is a little mature subject, not in the sense of physical intimacy but the subject is a little dark. So, if you have issues in this type of dark stories please don't read it. This is the first time I am writing a dark subject, it is not my fort so please leave your comments, I would really appreciate. Because I am used to writing light hearted stories, so please comment.

Note: I was going to use Sultan in this story, but many people have reservations regarding his, so I decided to use the only other TV Serial Don I know, Dutta Bhao (Mishal Raheja/Shabir Ahluwalia) from Laagi Tujhse Lagan.

Hope you enjoy this.

In Her Love

You want a love that consumes you.

- Damon to Elena in The Vampire Diaries

Omkara sat leisurely in his pent house as he drank the hot coffee his wife had made for him just before she hurried to get ready for the day ahead, even though he had servants running around the house, his wife insisted on cooking for him. He was about to take the newspaper from the table when he heard the door open. He looks at the door to see his faithful manager running to him huffing - puffing. He watches him in mild interest as he wondered what could have rattled his stuck-up manager so much that he forgot his manners. "Sir... Sir..." Dandi started as he tried to catch his breath and divulge his important news at the same time. "Take your time, Dandi. It's not like I have anything else to do." Omkara says sarcastically. "Sir..." Dandi starts again and stops, not because he was short of breath but because he heard the door open. Omkara looked at the bedroom door and saw his wife walking out hurriedly and then hurrying back to the room with her towel in hand, absentmindedly smiling at Dandi and him. He watched as the door closed wondering what was up with her? She seemed preoccupied and absentminded for the last two days. He wondered what the matter was, he wanted to ask her but then they didn't have that kind of a communication. He took whatever he wanted from her while she kept giving and giving. The darkness he hated so much was slowly creeping up in his heart again. Did she decide she had enough of his cruelty? Did she decide she had enough of him? Was she contemplating on leaving him? What will he do if she leaves? As much as he hated admitting it, she was all he had and the one he loved.

"Sir..." Dandi's voice broke into his thoughts. The fear of his wife leaving suddenly gripping his heart, Omkara turned to the Dandi and coldly says "I am not paying you to keep chanting Sir Sir. If you want to say something then tell me or just get lost. One more time you say Sir, you will be looking for a new Sir." Omkara tells him all the while staring him down. No one could hold his stare except for his wife. Having lost his patience, Omkara decides to check on his wife, just to make sure she didn't leave him. Omkara mentally kicked himself for such an absurd thought; there was no way she could have got out of the bedroom without him seeing. He was about to walk to the room when Dandi again stopped him. "Sir." Omkara losing his patience was about to lash out at him when he noticed Dandi looking at his bedroom to make sure it is closed. Omkara held his tongue, as whatever Dandi wants to tell him he didn't want his wife to find out. Did it have something to do with his wife? Maybe this is the reason she seemed distant, Omkara quickly corrects himself ...no.. not distant, she never distanced herself from him except for the initial days of their marriage.. she seemed preoccupied. Today, he had to ask her for the coffee, unlike other days when she and coffee would be waiting for him in the morning. "What is it?" Omkara asks in a chilling voice. Looking at the closed door for one last time, Dandi tells him "Last night, they arrested him." "Who?" Omkara asks knowing well who Dandi was talking about. "Dutta. It is in the paper." Dandi tells him as he hurriedly picks up the newspaper from the table and handing it to Omkara as he pointed out the news article.