Rooth Na Jaana

Hello everyone,

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous story. Woh Humsafar (Posted on 12-Jan-2022)

I am going to be busy for the next 2-3 months, so I won't be able to post anything. so, I thought I'll post this small random musing before I took the break.

Vasundhara opens the door happily and sees Gauri at the door.

"Finally you are home." Vasundhara say happily. "I've been expecting you since evening."

"They stopped the train for some work for 5 hours." Gauri says tiredly. "I'm hungry Ma."

"Go take a shower and come." Vasundhara tells.

"I'll have food first and shower."

"You've been in an overnight train. go shower." Vasundhara says in disgust.

"Fine!" Gauri mutters and walks off to her room.

*******

"Ma, give me foo..." Gauri shouts as she came out of her bedroom and stops in shock seeing Omkara at the dining table.

Irritated, she walks to the table knowing he had purposefully sat on the chair that was hers. She always sat there and ate as it had the perfect view to the TV on one side and the other side, she could see out the window. It was her seat, she only sat there for her meals and everyone knew that she gets irked if someone sat there. And she knew he was doing it purposefully.

She stops and glares at him while he continued to eat without looking up at her.

"Here, Gauri." Vasundhara says as she offered her a plate. "You sit here and eat."

Glaring at her mother, Gauri sits down opposite to Omkara. she extends her hand to take the rice. Just before she took the spoon, Omkara grabs the spoon and serves for himself. Gauri glares at him knowing he did it purposefully to get a reaction out of her.

After he took his fill, Gauri grabs the spoon and serves for herself. Then glaring at her plate, she starts eating her food. She notices her mother sit on the chair next to hers and start talking to Omkara.

Gauri ignores them even though she could hear their conversation. From his voice, she could make out that he was smiling and that pissed her off the most.

"Gauri, when are you going?" Vasundhara asks her.

"Where?" Gauri asks her frowning.

"To Richa's house tomorrow. Are you going in the morning or only in the evening for the engagement?"

"Morning." Gauri replies as she stood up and walked off carrying her empty plate.

"I think she is tired after her long journey." She hears her mother telling Omkara. "She is cranky because of that."

Then she hears Omkara's cheeky reply. "I didn't think she needed a reason to be cranky."

Then she hears both of them laughing. Furious, she marches out of her house.

"Where are you going?" Vasundhara calls out.

"For a walk!"

***********

Gauri was fuming as she walked around her house. few minutes later, feeling as if someone was following her, she curiously stops and turns back to check.

She sees Omkara walking a few feet behind her, his concentration on his mobile as he tapped away. furious that he was following her, she furiously turns around and walks back to her house.