Valentine's Day

Thank you all for voting and commenting on the previous story.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Since, I had no new story, I am posting an old story that i  had written with Rishabala, hope you guys will like it.

"What is wrong with all these people?" Gauri asks in disgust watching a guy give a girl a red rose.

"Come on, Gaur... it is Valentine's Day." Bhavya says smiling.

"I don't believe in this V- Day and all. Do you know that maximum number of break ups happen on Valentine's day?" Gauri asks her.

"Still it is the most romantic day of the year." Bhavya says dreamily.

"You shouldn't wait for just one day for romance. Every day should be something meaningful in a relation." Gauri tells her.

"Why are you so anti-Valentine's day?" Bhavya asks her curiously.

Gauri shrugs and looks away. She spots a guy proposing a girl and sighs.

She knew she was being a hypocrite. If she was in a relation then she would have been equally or even more excited than her college mates but she was not, she was single and depressed. Gauri looks at the college beauty, Ridhima. Guys were fawning her, as she enjoyed the attention. Gauri sighs as she looked at herself in the window reflection, she closes her eyes in disappointment, the outdated specs, curly hair, and the geeky look... she was never going to find a guy. All her friends had boyfriends; she was the only single girl in her gang. For all she knew, she might be the only single girl in their college. She was going to die a virgin! Gauri mentally moans.

Her gaze again falls on Ridhima, what she would give to be in her shoes. Being chased by every guy, the envy of every girl, oh God! She really needed a life or a boyfriend.

"You heard? Ridhima and Omkara broke up." Bhavya tells her seeing her watch Ridhima.

"Yeah I heard." Gauri tells her. Hell! She knew about the break up minutes after it had happened last month. When it was something concerning Omkara Singh Oberoi, she got to know about it first, because Omkara Singh Oberoi was her business. He was the love of her life, has been since she set her eyes on him two years ago. But she never kept any hope on him ever noticing her or fantasizing about a happily ever after with him. Simply because, Omkara Singh Oberoi was the most popular guy in college and she... her mother at times forgot her name. *Sigh*

So, it had happened like, on June 3rd, 2018 at 8:43 am she had walked in to college, at 8:45:00 am she saw him leaning on his car chatting with his friends with that sexy gorgeous sinful smirk on his face, at 8:45:01 she fell truly, madly and deeply in love with him and then exactly at 8:46 am she had decided that she will not hold her breath in waiting for him to notice her as he had looked right through her. So she had kept her options open to find her happily ever after with some other humans and not a farishta like Omkara Singh Oberoi who was way out of her reach. But at times, she just couldn't help herself and finds herself watching him and he had caught her looking at him so many times.

"It's seems they broke up like last month or so." Bhavya tells her.

Even though they had broken up, those two had remained friends and kept their break up under wraps. Looks like they informed everyone about their break up.

"Wonder why they never made it public."

Gauri shrugs in reply as she watched Daksh propose Ridhima and she accepting. She wanted to die! Why did she come to college on Valentine 's Day.