Viraasat

Hello everyone...

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous story. Twin Series 5 : Bound By Destiny (Posted on 14.Feb.2024)

Haven't replied to the PMs... will do it soon.

I know, you all were expecting forbidden by destiny. But Manisha had asked me to write on a story idea, though this is not what she had asked, I just felt like writing this story. This is a light read with pretty much no drama....

And the story is farfetched and happens in an imaginary place. LOL And I don't know if you can call it a romantic story.

 LOL And I don't know if you can call it a romantic story

Trigger Warning:

Some might find the story very misogynistic, so please don't read, if you get easily offended.

P.S: the place in the story is a small village in Bareilly, not the whole of it.

P.S: the story is tooooo looooong.

Haven't proofread it

Gauri was leaning on the window looking outside. The scene down was bustling with activity. She enjoyed watching the people of the chawl. Their life was so different from hers.

"Gauri, your tea." Jhanvi says as she walked into the room.

"Thank you, Ma." Gauri says with a smile as she took the glass from her.

Jhanvi smiles at her and leaves the room. She always called her best friend's mother Ma and she treated her like a daughter. With more warmth than her step mother.

"What about me?" Priyanka calls out to her mother.

"I forgot about you. Should I make black tea?" Jhanvi calls back.

"You know, I don't like black tea." Priyanka grumbles.

Gauri smiles at Priyanka as she took a sip of her tea, then passed it to Priyanka.

Priyanka smiles and takes the tea and takes a sip. She passes the glass back to her. "I think milk is over." Priyanka whispers to her.

"She could have just told me." Gauri says as she passed the glass back after a sip.

"Royal bahu saying there is no milk?" Priyanka asks scandalized.

Gauri laughs hearing that.

"You had asked for milk tea and there was milk to make tea for you. So Ma made it." Priyanka tells her.

"I feel so bad." Gauri tells her.

"It's not new for us." Priyanka says as she finished the tea.

"There won't be tea for everyone else then." Gauri says softly filled with guilt.

"Arrey... don't fret. Ma doesn't have tea in the evening... Baba can't drink milk tea because he will throw up... milk doesn't mix well with alcohol... and bhaiyya... he is not particular about tea... he'll have whatever Ma gives him." Priyanka tells her as she went out to keep the glass.