Sweet Talk (OS)

Thank you all for voting and commenting on the previous story.

Omkara was watching TV when his parents join him. Seeing them, he smiles at them and keeps his leg down from the table he had been resting it on.

"What is the score?" Tej asks him as he looked at the TV screen.

"1 - 0." Omkara replies.

"Hmmm"

"When did you start watching football?" Omkara asks him, smiling.

Tej smiles realizing his son caught him and tell him, "You turn it off; we want to talk to you."

Omkara turns off the TV and turns to look at his parents, "What is it?"

"Om... we have been thinking of your marriage." Tej gently starts.

"What about Priyanka?" Omkara asks curiously.

"She is adamant that only after she gets a job she will marry." Jhanvi informs him.

"She has 12 papers to clear for her engineering exam." Omkara reminds her.

"14." She corrects him.

"Hmmm"

"So, we thought, even it is age for you to marry." Tej tells him.

When Omkara remained silent, Tej tells him "If there is anyone you can tell us."

"There is no one." Omkara informs them.

"We were thinking of Gauri." Tej informs him.

"Priyanka's friend who keeps coming here?" Omkara asks surprised.

"Yes. She is such a sweet girl. We all like her a lot. If you also have no issues, we will proceed." Jhanvi tells him.

Omkara thinks for a while, he had seen Priyanka's friend a lot of times at home, she was a beautiful girl but he hadn't paid much attention to her. "Let me think about it." Omkara tells his parents.

"Okay... take as much as time you want. Then only we will even talk to Priyanka about it." Tej tells him.

Next day, Omkara was coming out of his room when he sees Priyanka and Gauri walking into Priyanka's room. Omkara hangs around near Priyanka's room keeping an eye on what is happening inside Priyanka's room. A while later, he hears Priyanka going to the bathroom and he quickly runs to the bedroom door.

"Psst."

Gauri looks up curiously. Omkara gestures her to come towards him.

Gauri curiously looks around and then asks him with a frown, "Me?"

Omkara nods then he keeps his finger on his lips and gestures her to come to him.

"Yes?" Gauri curiously says as she walked towards him.

"I need to talk to you." Omkara whispers to her.

"Tell me."

"Not here. Come to the coffee shop down the road."

"Why?" Gauri asks frowning and tensed.

"I'll tell you when you come. It is very important."

"I'll come with Priyanka?" Gauri asks him.

Omkara gives her a look and reminds her, "If I wanted the whole world to know then I wouldn't even be whispering."

"Okay, I will come. What is it about?" Gauri asks him upset for being talked to like an idiot.

"I'll tell you when you come. Can you come in half an hour?"

Gauri nods her head confused.

Half an hour later, Omkara was waiting for Gauri and sees her coming to him.