Wedding Vows

Eid Mubarak everyone...

How are you?

This is a small story... fair warning, some might find this story a little problematic.

Will reply to PMs soon.

Note:

I wanted to check with you all something, I always alphabetically sort the stories in this book, so it is easier for you all to find a particular story in case you want to read it, but I am just curious that when I do that, do you guys miss the last story that I posted because some people have mentioned that at times they didn't realize that I had posted a particular story, so was wondering whether that happens to most and I shouldn't sort it alphabetically, just leave the story as I update them.

As the taxi came to a stop, Gauri looks at her house with nervousness. It's been three years since she had left home. Gauri takes a deep breath and gets out of the car.

As she walked to her house her heart beat increased rapidly. Her palms started sweating. She nervously wipes her hand on her salwar. Then as if on instinct, her gaze turns to the neighboring house, hoping to catch a glimpse of Omkara. His presence always calmed her. then realizing the stupidity of seeing him right now, she shakes her head and hurries forward.

Even after coming to her family home after three years, she didn't feel nostalgic, all she felt was the anger towards her family. Their betrayal was too big even today for her. she rings the bell as she took another deep breath.

"Gauri?" Nayantara says in surprise seeing her at the door.

"Hello Ma." Gauri says feeling a little bit joy in seeing her.

"I can't believe you are here." Nayantara says as she hugged her happily with tears flowing down her face. "Thank you so much for coming back."

Gauri wraps her hands around her mother. "I didn't come back, Ma. I have one day's work in our Mumbai office, so I am here for that. I thought I'll just drop in and see you all."

"You are here just for a day?" Nayantara asks her, her heart breaking as she looked at Gauri.

"Yes. I'll have to leave in half an hour to office." Gauri tells her.

"Please don't go, Gauri." Nayantara quickly requests her.

"I've work, Ma. I've a busy day." Gauri tells her as she steps aside. "Where is Papa and Daddaji?"

"They are inside." Nayantara says realizing that Gauri has still not forgiven them.

Gauri nods as she started walking in.

"You came alone?"

"Yes."

"Shivaay didn't come?" Nayantara asks her.

"Why should he come?" Gauri asks her frowning.

"He is so protective about you, he never lets you travel alone... so, I was just wondering." Nayantara tells her as she walked to her.

"Bhabhi and he are busy." Gauri tells her.

"You lost weight from the last time I saw you." Nayantara tells her smiling.

"When did you see me?" Gauri asks confused with a frown.

"Pinky had forwarded a photo; Anika had sent her with you in it. It was a photo you took during Anika's birthday dinner."

"Ah okay." Gauri nods. Yeah, she did lose about 14 kg since that day.

"I am so happy."

"You seem more happy seeing me lose weight than seeing me." Gauri snubs at her.