You & Me

If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in it's original, safe, form, please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/lazyakabookworm). Thank you

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous story.

Previous Story : Someone to Watch Over Me (Posted on 20-Jun-2021)

After that super long story, I just felt like writing a short story and actually I was feeling out of ideas, and drawing a big blank when I thought of something to write.

So, I am just going to randomly write something, I haven't thought through the story, so if it feels disjointed or stupid, please forgive me.

P.S : Haven't proofread it.

Gauri was chatting with Anika, as they made plans on what to do that weekend.

"Tomorrow Rudra has invited us for dinner." Anika tells her.

"Who is Rudra?" Gauri asks her curiously.

"Our friends. When we told them that you would be coming, Bhavya, Rudra's wife insisted on dinner at their place." Anika tells her.

"But I don't know them, Bhabhi." Gauri tells her uncomfortably.

"They are nice people. And you'll have fun. When you stay away from your country, then friends become your family." Anika tells her.

Gauri nods giving in, she had come to stay with her brother and sister-in-law for two weeks in UAE.

"When will bhai reach?" Gauri asks her curiously.

"He should be reaching in 10-15 mins." Anika tells her checking the time. "Office hour traffic is pretty bad." Anika tells her.

Gauri nods.

Hearing the landline ring, Anika starts to get up and Gauri quickly holds her back. "You sit; I'll answer the call."

"You are here for vacation not look after me." Anika tells her irately.

"You should rest." Gauri tells her as she ran to grab the landline.

"I'm pregnant, not sick." Anika tells her.

Gauri grins at her as she checked the phone. "Omkara home." Gauri informs Anika.

"He is Shivaay's friend. Might be calling for Shivaay." Anika tells her.

"Okay." Gauri says and answers the call. "Hello?"

"Ermm... Hello?" Omkara says from the other end, in a confused tone.

Gauri smiles realizing he was confused hearing a stranger's voice and wondering whether he called the right number. "Bhai hasn't reached yet." Gauri tells him.

"Ah okay... Gauri?" Omkara asks her.

"Yes." Gauri replies surprised.

"Shivaay told me that you would be reaching yesterday." Omkara says.

"Ah." Gauri says then having nothing else to say, she tells him, "I'll tell Bhai that you called."

"No... I called for Anika. Is she there?"

"Yeah. One sec." Gauri says and walks to Anika. "He wants to talk to you."

Anika nods and takes the phone. "Hello, Omkara?"

Gauri watches as Anika softly starts laughing hearing whatever he said then she says smiling, "Come."

"He is coming here?" Gauri asks after Anika cuts the call.