Engagement Trilogy 2 - Raabta

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Raabta

"I will not marry her!" Omkara says with finality as he tried to glare down his parents.

He was successful with his mother but failed miserably with his father.

"You have always known that you would have to marry Gauri. Your marriage has been fixed with her since your childhood!" Shakti angrily reminds him.

"Without my consent!" Omkara reminds him.

"I gave my word to Tej that my son will marry his daughter. Today he is coming with his family to stay here for a few days so you and Gauri can get to know each other better. Once we fix a wedding date, you'll be marrying her! And don't go anywhere; I want you to be here to receive them." Shakti tells him and walks away angrily and Pinky follows him.

"That didn't go well!" Rudra says chuckling.

"Shut up!" Omkara furiously tells him.

"Come on, bhaiyya! Meet her, you might like her."

"I won't!!"

"I found her quite pretty. If you want I will get her photo from Dad." Rudra tells him grinning knowing his brother was so close to strangling him.

"I don't want to see her, I won't marry her!" Omkara tells him and walks off.

Omkara fumed as he thought about Gauri. He hated her. Ever since he was small he has been hearing about his engagement with Gauri. He had seen her only a handful of times in his life and his parents expect him to marry her. It had been years since he last saw her, she was some 5 years old and he was 8 years. He vaguely remembered her, they were friends and used to play together. He even remembered them playing and enacting their marriage knowing they would be getting married when they grew up. He remember vaguely how after attending a wedding, he wanted to get married like that and he had told Gauri that he wanted to get married like that, and she used to do anything he told her to and they got married with Rudra being Pundit screaming out some gibberish phrases. He had liked her then but he had grown up and had his first crush. That was when he realized Gauri was a shackle on his legs. He started rebelling ever since then refusing to talk to her, meet her or even see her photos which regularly were send to him. He just hated her for forcing him into a life that he didn't want.

He hears his cell ringing and looks at it in irritation and then seeing the caller he smiles and picks up the phone, "Tia, my darling!"

"Your darling? When did that happen?" Tia asks laughing.

"Please save my life!"

"Your fiancé is coming home today, right?" Tia asks chuckling.

"Don't say that!"

"Then how about coming to my house? We have a party here!"

"Awesome, will be right there!" Omkara says grinning, Dad wanted him to stay back home and receive Gauri and he would show him how serious he was when he meant he will not marry Gauri.

Gauri eagerly looks around for Omkara. She just couldn't control herself anymore. She was dying to meet him, the man she loved above all. Suddenly she feels someone jumping towards her and casually sitting on the armrest of her couch with his hand resting at the back.

"Looking for anyone, bhabhi?" Rudra asks in a teasing tone.

Gauri blushes as she looked down at her hand.

"He is not here!" Rudra whispers to her.

Gauri feels her heart breaking, she hadn't slept for a week in anticipation of meeting him and he wasn't here to receive her.