The Proposal (OS)

Thank you so much guys for voting and commenting on the previous part... I have been busy lately, that is why I am not replying to the comments. Please forgive me.

Gauri was getting ready to go for her work, for once she was happy that she was not running late and can have her breakfast.

"GAURI!!" she heard her father screaming for her.

"Coming." she replied back picking her things and walking out of her room.

"Good morning, Papa." Gauri cheerfully wished her father as she kissed him.

"Good morning, beta." Malik wishes her back.

"Gauri, this is Omkara Singh Oberoi's photo. Shivaay mailed today, if you like him then we can proceed further." Malik told her turning the monitor towards her.

Gauri started feeling nervous, last week she had told her parents that she was ready for marriage and Omkara Singh Oberoi, her brother's boss and best friend, was the first proposal for her. Her brother had arranged it. She averted her gaze to the monitor and her breath caught in her throat. The man on the photo was handsome to say the least, but it was not his handsome looks or well toned body that attracted her to him but his innocent eyes and the devilish grin on his face, which promised that life with him would be a roller coaster ride that you will never grow tired of, he was a man to be reckoned with, she really didn't understand what that praise meant, long back she had read a line in a book where the hero said something like that about the heroine "a woman to be reckoned with." she never understood what he had meant by that but she definitely understood that she could say the same for Omkara Singh Oberoi.

"So what do you think?" she heard her father.

Turning to look at her father she noticed that her mother had also joined them, and they were looking at her expectantly.

She wanted to say that she liked him but was too shy "I don't know, you both decide. I am running late. Bye." Gauri quickly replied and ran out without having her breakfast.

Gauri reached the venue fifteen minutes earlier. She worked in an event management company, and she was in charge of Mr. Kapoor's daughter's reception. It was one of the biggest events she had coordinated and she had slogged for it over the last four months. Now today the never ending functions at Mr. Kapoor's was coming to an end, and thankfully since the bride and the groom have to attend another function on the same day, the reception was held in the afternoon instead of night. Gauri put her full energy into the job at hand so everything went on perfectly till the end.

"Hey Gauri." Soumya called out cheerfully.

"Hey Soumya! Stage all set?" Gauri asks her.

"Yes, but why don't you just have a last look?"

"Sure." Gauri replies and was about to walk off when Soumya stops her.

"After today's function we all have been planning on going for a movie. We surely need the break. You interested?"

"Great! Count me in." Gauri replies with a smile, and walks towards the stage to see the arrangement.

Much later, Gauri was receiving the guests also cross checking it with the guest list provided to them, when she heard a manly voice say "Omkara Singh Oberoi."

Shocked Gauri looks up and sees the man whose photo she had seen the very morning, and the only thought that was going through her mind was this man is not photogenic, that photo didn't do even half justice to him just looking at him made her feel that she was in heaven and there really are angels.