Mills & Boons Series 1 : Indecent Proposal

Thank you all for voting and commenting for the previous story.

Gauri Kumari Sharma hurriedly walks into her office. She was late today. She hated being late. Gauri rushes to her table and was about to sit.

"Gauri..." Richa calls her and Gauri stops quickly and turns around to look at her. "Sir asked you to see him before you started work." Richa tells her with a teasing and all-knowing smile.

Gauri sighs and walks towards his cabin. It was not even a secret what he has been trying. He never tried to be subtle. How she hated him for that.

She knocks on the door and pokes her head in, "May I come in, Sir?"

"Gauri!" Om looks up with a smile. "You know you don't have to ask."

"You are my boss and I have to."

"Have I ever treated you like my employee?" Om asks her grinning.

"I would appreciate it a lot if you did." Gauri replies.

"I could but I don't want to." Om replies as he checked her out top to bottom. "No new dress for your birthday?"

"How do you know it is my birthday?" Gauri asks him shocked.

"Where you are concerned it is my business to know." Om tells her as he stood up and walked towards her. "Happy Birthday, Gauri." Om tells her as he offered her a jewellery box.

"What is this?" Gauri asks frowning.

"Open it." Om tells her as he pushed the box onto her hand.

Gauri opens the box to see a beautiful diamond necklace. For a second, she had to force herself to close it and return it to him. "I don't take expensive gifts, especially from you."

"Ouch." Om says keeping his hand over his heart though he was still grinning. "You are always rejecting my gifts."

"I know what prize it comes with it. And it is against my policy to accept expensive gifts from outsiders."

"That was cruel." Om tells her making puppy face.

"You'll live. Can I go?"

"So... you won't take expensive gifts... huh? How about an inexpensive one?" Om asks her.

"What is it?" Gauri asks frowning.

"Me."

"You? inexpensive?" Gauri mocks. "Aren't you the heir to business worth 200 crores?"

"You have too much information." Om says pissed.

"It's my business to know who I am working for." Gauri throws his words back at him and turns to walk off.

Gauri walks towards her table and sees a giftwrapped box. Curious she opens it to see a red rose inside that.

"You will never take expensive gifts from me. So, I got you that." Om tells her.

Gauri turns around to find him leaning on his door with a sexy smile.

"This...."

"I didn't even pay a single penny for that. I stole it from my mom's garden." Om tells her grinning. "So, I don't think you have any grounds to refuse that." Then he turns to Richa and cheekily winks at her and walk back.

Gauri turns to Richa and sees her watching them with an amused smile.

"Shut up." Gauri tells her knowing full well what was going to follow. She turns to look at his door and sees the door closed. She sighs and smiles as she kept the rose on a glass of water. She wished he would stop this nonsense. It's seriously close to a year since he has been behind her. The dedication and sincerity he shows, one would think he wanted to marry her when in truth all he wanted was a sexy time between the sheets, his words to be exact. At least, he was honest about that and she had to give him that. And he has never misbehaved with her, the reason she had remained at the job in spite of him chasing her shamelessly for a year now.