Best Friend's Sibling Duology 1 - Wings Of Love (OS)

Thank you all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Omkara was about to ring the bell when he hears a toddler's laughter and a girl's voice approaching him.

"Munna... stop running... don't go out." she says worriedly as she ran out behind the kid.

Om quickly holds the kid to stop him and in a second he was kicking and shouting at Om when the girl came to an abrupt stop seeing him.

"Hi." Om says with a smile at the girl as he offered the kid to her.

She quickly takes the kid and turns to run inside when Om asks her, "Is Shivaay home?"

"He is." She nervously replies.

"Are you Gauri?" Om asks politely seeing the Mehendi on her hand though a little irked by her inhospitable behavior. "I am Omkara Singh Oberoi, his friend."

Gauri turns to him and nods her head. "I'll inform bhaiyya."

"This is for you." Om tells her as he took out a gift-wrapped box from inside his bag. "Congratulations for your wedding."

"Thank you." Gauri nervously whispers to him and turns to run inside as she spotted an old man furiously coming towards her.

"What are you doing here?" he asks her furiously.

"Daddaji, Munna ran out and I came to..."

Before she could finish he slaps her across her face. "How many times have I told you that women in our family don't come out when men outside the family is present?"

"Munna ran out..." Gauri whispers to him in tears as she shivered in fear.

"You can't even watch a small kid? You bloody useless." He screams at her as he slapped her again.

Om watches in shock seeing the way Shivaay's dadaji was slapping Gauri. He knew he was a tyrant, Shivaay had told him about him but this was too much. He looks at Gauri and sees that she was running back inside clutching the kid to her. Now he understood why she was being inhospitable.

"Other than cooking and bedding, women are good for nothing." Balraj conversationally tells Om as he turned to look at him tired at the whole ordeal.

"They did give birth to you and me." Om reminds him in a stern tone.

Balraj waves it off as if it is not a big deal. "Who are you?" Balraj asks him.

"Om!" Shivaay says as he hurried out. "What a surprise?" Shivaay says as he hugged him happily.

"Your sister is getting married and you thought I won't come?" Om asks Shivaay smiling ignoring Balraj.

"When did you reach?"

"I came straight here from the railway station." Om tells him. "I need a shower."

"Come in then." Shivaay tells him as he invited him inside.

"Actually, I have made arrangements for my stay. Let's go there." Om lies as he didn't want to be in the same house as Balraj.

"Okay let's go then."

Shivaay takes Om to a hotel after he found out that Om was lying about the accommodation. Though the place wasn't even fit to be called a hotel by any standard, Om preferred to stay there than breathe the same air that Balraj did.

"Why does he treat Gauri like that?" Om asks Shivaay as they walked into the room.

"I told you. That bastard respects no women." Shivaay furiously tells him.