Love Trilogy 1 : Silent Love

Hello everyone,

So sorry for going off like that... I thought I would be able to post through Ramadan, but I didn't get time during Ramadan then kind of got busy and lazy to post. Very sorry to keep you all waiting. Will try to post once a week from now on. In Shaa Allah

Gauri sat on her new bedroom in nervous excitement. She hears the door open and nervously sat up as her heart started beating faster. She got married to Omkara Singh Oberoi today even though she had met him only once when he had come to see her, she was in love with him. How could she not love him? He had accepted her in spite of her short comings. He was the answer to the fervent prayers of her parents for that perfect husband for her.

She feels him sitting on the bed opposite to her and he slowly lifts her ghooghant. Then she hears a nervous chuckle, she blushes realizing even he was nervous like her.

"All the rituals and ceremonies felt never ending." Omkara says lightly chuckling.

Gauri smiles in reply.

"So, Gauri..." Omkara says taking her hand in his and Gauri feels ghoosebumps all over her body with that touch.

"You are happy, right?" Omkara asks her and Gauri shyly nods.

Omkara smiles and asks, "Are you so shy that you can't even say a yes?"

Gauri looks at him confused and he continues, "Say something. I can't believe that I am married and I haven't heard my wife's voice till now. At least, say my name."

Gauri looks at him panicking, didn't he know? Why is he talking like this?

"Gauri... say something."

Gauri's eyes fills with tears as her heart and brain started screaming.

"What happened, Gauri?" Omkara asks confused and slightly worried seeing her tears.

When she continues to cry, he asks worried "What is it? Do you want me to get my mother?" then without waiting for an answer he starts to get up from the bed when Gauri holds his hand.

Omkara looks at her and asks again, "Please tell me what is the matter."

Gauri points her finger to her tongue and waves her hand in front of him indicating no.

Omkara looks at her in horror and asks her, "You can't speak?"

Gauri nods her head in yes.

"Why didn't you tell us this before?" Omkara asks her furiously.

Gauri starts signing to him.

We told you.

"I don't understand sign language!!!" Omkara says irritated.

Gauri looks at him in panic not understanding how to tell him.

Omkara gets up from his bed and furiously walks towards the door with Gauri running behind him.

"DAD! MOM!" Omkara screams out loudly as he ran down the stairs with Gauri behind him.

"What Om? What is it?" Tej asks as he came out of his room followed by Jhanvi. Very soon the whole clan i.e his sister Priyanka and Bua Ma, was there with the servants.

"She can't talk!" Omkara informs them.

"WHAT?" Jhanvi asks shocked.

Seeing everyone's shocked expression, Gauri looks at everyone in panic. None of them knew.

"And they hid such a big thing from us?" Bua Ma asks furiously.

Gauri shakes her head in no, unable to express herself.