chapter 60

Mr. Otis 🔝

My actions were proven less than desirable

Sam's pov~

After that whole debacle at the Charity event. Not only had I embarrassed myself but also that of my family. As I was told off to by none other than my grandfather.

I had just lived up to being the black sheep of the family once again. This time I was trying to lay low. People hadn't known me because of my cleaned up looked. But I showed them that night. And the person I didn't want to see me that side of me. Saw first hand.

The day we met it was mysterious. That she made me want to come up to her that day somehow. Also like something was calling out to me. I heard people talking about love at first sight. I always laughed it off as something that was made up. Like half the things people say on the daily basis.

An hopeful tale that us humans started to not call it what it really was. In which is lust, our sexual organs responding to one another. Because we wanted instant gratification. Aka horny as hell.

Not going to lie after a while of seeing her. That's what had my body responding to also.

Her face. No the look about her drew me in. Like she was constantly trying to put on an brave front. I wanted to know her, pull back some of those layers. But everytime I try at it. The other girls, her other responsibilities had her attention more. And that we never really hadn't had that much time alone.

And of course that guy who seemed to come out of nowhere. With who probably had nefarious intentions towards her. Especially going on how he already traumatized her. I saw the look on her face when she saw him on stage. Plus let's not forget how he was glued to her that night. Couldn't blame him seeing as she was looking beautiful as she was.

She was supposed to be my date. But she turned me down. And she came together with him. It made me wonder if he'd done something extra to make that happened. Threatened her even.

So I drank because my feelings were hurt. I could admit that to myself now. Because I've had time to think on things after the fact.

Because of what went down that night. The heads of my family ordered me to stay home. While they worked to calm folks down as Mr. Otis used to say. And he also said " Never give up when faced with plenty of obstacles. "

Those words never rung true until now. Because I wouldn't be giving up because of someone named Chan. With the last name I could barely pronounce.

I would apologize even though I think I shouldn't have to. I would for Sierra but I would definitely not to that guy.

And as I am sneaking out to go see Sierra at work. Even though I did not know if I would still be working in the same department as her, her friends anymore.

But I had to see her.

*
*
*

Sierra's pov~

Coming into work at first. I thought it was of my own making. Like my mind was playing tricks on me. But after awhile I knew it to be true.

People at my place of work.... Were staring at me, not being secretive of it. It was bold. The looks, questions people would come up to me asking. I didn't even know most of them. I was weirded out foremost. And the most disrespectful thing someone said to me.

" You're having your play at two upper tier people when you're so much below. "

It would've phased me if I hadn't heard the same thing before. It's crazy how people can come at you. When they don't know the full story. In actuality I didn't like anything to do with neither of the two. I just wanted to be left alone to raise my child, get along with my parents and friends while doing so.

All this attention was the worst. To top it off at Lunchtime. There was another surprise waiting for me. It was Sam.

Standing at our usual table with an bouquet of roses. Looking really good actually but I really didn't like him like that. And I knew by the looks of him. He wasn't giving up even though I turned him down.

This really sucked, I wanted to turn around, leave. But he called out to me. And both Jasmine and Sarah walked ahead me on que. I looked around, saw that people were still staring.

" Oh god, " I spoke aloud but under my breath as he was walking towards me.

When he stood before me. He body scanned me, smiled.

" First of all... I like to apologize for my behavior the last time we met. I was under the influence, wasn't in my right mind, " he stated as he passed the flower bouquet to me. And I held them in my arms against my chest.

I wanted to throw them. But I decided not to. Something inside me didn't want me to be that petty. So I stood there to hear what else he had to say.

And of course I knew what it could be. I thought back on how he had been watching me during the night of the Charity Ball. Like some predator scoping out his next target. Or his long awaited one while knocking back drinks. In ways I never seen him doing before, it was off putting.

Coming out of my thoughts. I heard Sam calling my name.

" Sierra ? Are you listening ? " he asked as an frown was forming upon his face.

" No, " I couldn't lie because it wouldn't be right. I really wasn't even listening at all.

" Well can we go somewhere else. I wanna speak in private, " he explained as he took a look around. And I guessed it was when he finally noticed that we had an audience.

I took my own look around the room. I gauge the situation too. And if I wanted to be alone with this guy. We all know what happened when another male asked. No told me that we needed to talk in private.

I so didn't want the same thing to transpire. But the way these folks were staring. I told him my answer.

" Alright Sam, " I told him, turned to walk away for him to follow. Because I would set the place we would have our talk. Not the other way around.

I don't even know if this chapter is any good. I feel like my writing is getting worse. I'm trying to stay optimistic. But it's so very hard in today's world.

But I appreciate everyone's support. I hope to God that I don't give up on my writing. I might be ranting because of frustration.

Love you guys ❤