Chapter 10

Elsewhere ~

Elsewhere ~

" I want you to move forward with the plans. You must go unnoticed . Report back to me soon and one more thing I expect good results ."

Meanwhile....

We all pull into the park with our whole group of cars causing people to stare. Getting out we set forth, unload them to set up everything.

Heading to the park area that was reserved for us. The men began to set up the extra tables and chairs. Then move on to set up the grills . Carrying the large coolers over were my cousin David and I . While Jasmine was helping my cousin Jayden with another one .

_____________

After everything was out of cars and set up, I search for Jasmine . When I spot her, she's playfully flirting with my cousin Jayden . Shaking my head a thought crossed my mind " This girl doesn't waste anytime, " as I approached them .

Sitting at the picnic table across from them, noticing my cousin Lauren hand in hand with some guy, maybe her boyfriend. Feeling kind of felt left out, I took out my phone seeing a message that was sent from Chan not too long ago .

It reads -

" Hello beautiful can we talk ? "

I message back -

" Not right now I'm kinda busy. "

I get startled a bit when my phone begins to ring. Staring at it for a sec then I finally decided to answer it.

" Hello, " I say noticing Jasmine looking over with an eyebrow raised.

" Hello, it's good to hear your voice, " he said sounding relieved.

" Yeah, "I said cause I didn't know what to say.

Just then a loud static came from the stereo equipment they were setting up. Which causes Aya who was nearby racing over with her ears covered. It must have scared her real bad from the way she clung to me. At that same moment my phone dropped instantly shattering the screen. Picking it up off the ground, checking to see if it still works it seemed okay. Then my uncle Brian announced the start of the games while passing out t shirts that read " Jones - Smith Family reunion 2016. "

" Everyone we're gonna start with the three legged race, " he said holding a jar shaking it from side to side.

" What's that for ? " a child asked that I didn't recognize maybe one of my older cousins kid.

" I'm glad you asked Shayden. We're gonna draw lots so everyone can pair up. So who wants to go first, " he said.

All the kids, well maybe the younger ones were excited " Me! Me! " they screamed with their hands in the air.

" Just so you know, I want the adults to participate in this too. So bring y'all asses over here ! " he said laughing hysterically at the look on their faces. With a few groans we head over.