chapter 63

An bumpy start. But they always give in eventually...

Ramil's pov~

Just going on the reaction she gave upon seeing my face. I can attest that she was definitely interested. She couldn't deny that even thought I felt, saw that she was trying hard not be affected by my charm. Plus giving that false name when I already knew some things about her.

I couldn't wait to grab her away from that simpleton cousin of mine. Holding her for those few seconds wasn't long enough. For some reason she felt good in my arms. Like this was where she was supposed to be.

But I shook that thought away because it was took away from  the plans I had for both my cousins. They thought that they could just take the company over, try to push me out in the coming months or years. I had to do what I had to do to make sure that doesn't happen.

Even go as far as to eavesdrop on my late grandfather. To all his plans he had put in place for my dear elder cousin. And go on to have them all followed. Especially the woman I engaged with moments ago. I tracked her way before Chan came back to the States to find her again.

And what I found out could help me. But I need to find a place to stay because I came straight from the airport. I guess I couldn't wait to confront her just in time for my person that was watching her left before I pulled up.

Earlier in the evening ~

I waited outside in my car until I saw her exiting the building.

Seeing that she was in deep thought about whatever she was thinking. I rushed over as she tripped, I caught her before she could do some damage to herself. And she felt all so nice against me, made my body harden. Once she looked up at me. My mind went blank for a couple of seconds before I asked if she was okay.

I had so many thoughts of my own. But pushed them back to see what she would do if I talked her up. Maybe she'd open up so I could use that to my advantage.

Of course she didn't. But there was always next time. I watched her get in her car, drive away.

Back to the present~

As I drove along heading towards that hotel I had made reservations for. An grand idea lodge into my thoughts. I could take up staying with my cousins. They had plenty of room for me. So I'll just drop by since we are family, didn't know anyone else in this city.

>>>>>>

I pulled in the driveway just as the sun went down. I got out my car with my suitcase in tow. Wheeled it to the front door, rang the bell.

Moments pass, I stood there thinking that no one was room. Until an couple of seconds went by, someone opened the door.

It was my fool hearted cousin, my face probably read distain. But I quickly masked for an formal greeting.

" Hello dear cousin. How are you on this fine evening ? "

_________________

Chan's pov~

" Hello dear cousin. How are you on this fine evening ? " Ramil asked as he stood there smiling. But something was off about him at this very moment.

He was always like this. Like he was hiding something. I basically ignored it most of my life. But around the time of me leaving to the US in search of Sierra. And I had interactions with him before I left. I felt something was there but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Especially when we had the funeral for grandfather. Everyone was in an uproar. But he was strangely quiet.

And my suspicion was proved to be as crazy as I thought there were. When Nan came to me with her own.

" Are you going to invite me in or not ? I am really tired from the flight, " he said cutting into my thoughts. So I moved out the way, pulled the door back for his entrance.

" Why are you here for ? " I asked truly wanting to know.

" For business cousin, " he said as he walked ahead of me. Then turning to go into the living room.

Like he's been here before. My senses perked up.

" What of the kind ? "

He then looked up at me from the couch he was sitting on. He gave the once over. In which kind of pissed me.

" Oh ! It's an auction. I have to get something for my mother. She's been bugging me about this piece of jewelry she had when she was younger. So being the good son that I am. I came all the way here to attend. Why question me ? "

" I'm just asking because it's kind of weird to see you here. If I'm being truthful, " I explained as I took a seat in the recliner.

I couldn't believe I had came out, said what I was actually feeling. I guess Sierra was rubbing off on me. Or maybe it was Aya ? She said anything that came to mind. She was a force, could talk anyone to sleep.

I smiled thinking of my precious daughter. I haven't seen her since last week. I should call to see how she was doing.

" Why are you smiling so stupidly like that for ? Are you, that girl you were searching for doing alright ? " Ramil asked pulling me from my thoughts.

I was taken aback when he mention it. Oh right he's heard from the others. Having not attend the will reading. I thought at the time he was probably off with some woman. But now that I'm thinking of it now.

What was his motive ? And to show up the next day. The day when I was going to the US. Saying of all he would do for company, I could trust him, etc.

I still didn't feel comfortable of him being in charge of the company. I thought my sister would be doing that. But she followed me here, hasn't gone back yet. Even though I keep asking her when she was going to go back too.

" We're good, " I replied.

" Well that's wonderful news. So where do I sleep. Because as I said I am so very tired, it feels I'll drop off any second. "

God ! I really didn't want him staying here. But he is family, I couldn't just tell him to leave. But I could watch him while he was here though. To put my suspicions to rest.

Or find out the truth.

" Okay. Follow me I'll show you to one of the guestrooms. "

Here's another one that took a month just tryna figure out of it's good enough or not. A whole bunch of editing later, here it us.

I hope it was good for y'all.

And what do yall feel about Ramil in this chapter ? Let me know your suspicions or theories ? Or anything else about the story ?