chapter 48

I couldn't believe he rushed off like that, I could get my own ride home.

But something feels off.

Sierra's pov~

I would just call his sister, tell her she didn't have to waste gas to pick us up. I don't know but I had this feeling, I couldn't put my finger on it.

As I was just about to make that call. Aya said " I wanna see Auntie Nan. Please mommy, " she exclaimed.

Then my phone rang, it was Nan.

I answered it.

" Hello ? I was just about to call you. It's kind of weird. "

" Oh really ? " Nan said sounding curiously suspicious to me or I'm reading too much into her reply.

" Yeah ? I was about to call, tell you that didn't have to pick us. And I'd just call an Uber or Lyft for us to get home. "

" Well you don't have to now. Because I'm in the parking lot now. I'll get you back home, free of charge, " she told me.

Just then Aya reached up to hold my arm, said " Mommy I'm tried. Are we going home now ? "

I looked at my baby, she did look exhausted. And who knows how long that ride would take to come plus we were out in the fair grounds. I wonder if the driver would know my location. Saving money is always a must. It's Aya aunt after all but I would still be on guard.

" Come on baby. Nan has come to drive us home, " I explained, her whole demeanor changed, she quickly dialed it back. I chalked it down to her excited to see Nan. Or my child was just weird.

.........................

As we both got into the car after Aya begged me to get in the back with her. And people were looking, I didn't want to draw attention to us but she'd get a good talking to once we get home.

We drove along, familiar scenery passed us by. Then I noticed after awhile I didn't know where we were. So I asked....

" I think you forgot to take the right exit to get my neighborhood, " I spoke on a nervous laugh.

" No. I'm taking you where you need to be going, " she said as she smiled at me in the rearview mirror.

After she said that I kind of got that sinking feeling that people talk about. When something they don't like is about to go down. So I spoke up.

" Where I need to be going is home. And right now so turn this car around or let us out, " I laid down my facts to let her know I was not playing. Even though she was thinking of doing something foul. I would stop at nothing to keep my baby safe.

I didn't like that look in her eyes for one. But I soon focused out the car door as we slowed down at an intersection.

I tried it but those damn child safety locks. I know they are needed, I even as a child had an accident from an older vehicle. That had in the hospital couple of days, thank god nothing else worse happened. But this right here.

No. I'm not going to let another person in his family hurt me again in any way. So I constantly kept at the door like it would magically open when I really needed to calm down, talk this out. But really in the back of my mind, I wanted to choke her until she stopped the car.

I must've had that looked on my face that spoke volumes when she said....

" It isn't what you think Sierra. You'll see when we get there. "

" Don't know what you're up to ? But believe me if it comes down to it. I will fight you, " I stated, sat back.

And not for too long we were pulling in an driveway to a house. I had many questions.

Like-

What were we doing here ?

Who house was this ?

Do I need to be on guard ?

Because of what had went down with her brother. I did learn plenty of self defense moves, wasn't scared to use them either. Even though it was those times when Chan had caught me off guard. But starting now I will stay woke about different things around me. Best believe.

After I came off my self talk. I noticed that Nan had exited the car, then she opened up the door to lift an sleeping Aya up and out, shut the door. And I took that as a cue to do also, meet up with them in the house's walkway.

" Tell me why we're here ? " I asked hoping to get something out of her.

She only ignored me, proceeded to dial in an access code to the home, pushed the door open. She stepped through the threshold, I followed her in.

And what I saw both stunned, baffled me.

Sorry about the errors first, late entry, shortness of the chapter. Now that that's through, I'd like to talk about my recent writers block, especially on this book. I had the vision in my head but everytime I tried to put it into words. ( actually it was few other books )

I failed.

But then I found it, did this chapter. I hope it was okay.

 I hope it was okay