chapter 64

I was shocked upon coming home, seeing that liar.

Nan's pov~

I came back early in the morning  after partying with some friends I made online. I was careful, if anything got out of hand. I'd could defend myself.

I just needed to blow off steam, have a good time. I saw a few calls and texts from my brother. But I chose to ignore them, thinking back something could've been terribly wrong at the time. I was too plastered to care. And noe I kind of wish didn't go that route.

Now as I stepped into the house. Hearing his smarmy tone of voice. It woke me up off any sort of hangover I was experiencing.

" Hey Good morning. What's got you up this early ? Or should I say in this early ? " Ramil asked as he smirked, half smile at me.

" What are you doing here ? " I asked as I sat down at the dining room table. Pouring myself some juice that was already placed for breakfast.

" It was for business, " he replied.

" What business ? " I spat quickly.

" Now why you two questioning me so. It doesn't matter that I'm here does it now. "

" Yes it does ! Who's running the company Ramil ?! " I yelled in which caused an headache to come on.

" Come down Nan. I put your little boy toy in charge until one of us heads back. So don't worry your pretty little head. Okay, " he assured me. But I was still skeptical.

Then in walks Chan, he stares at me for a couple of seconds. Then stares or glares at Ramil. Until I spoke up before our cousin could pack up on it.

" Hey Good morning. Are you about to go to work now ? " I asked foolishly. Knowing the truth but it was the only thing I could think of. Because of the raging headache that was about take over. I then rub the sides of my head to alleviate some of the pain.

It would only go so far because I played this song and dance before. I needed some pain killers, fast. So I got up, staggered a little to go in search for the pain pills. I bumped into Chan as I made my way of dining room.

I only hope that there wasn't any kind of argument that could happen after I left them two alone.

But I couldn't worry about that right now. I had to find those pills, get some much needed rest. And when I wake, I'd call Terb to see how everything's going.

>>>>>>>>

I crashed into bed, slept for four hours. And when I woke up I rushed to the en suite bathroom to relieve myself. I took a shower to wash the crust residue from my body.

I then put clean clothes on, went on to call Terb. To get an rundown on how things were. I still was pissed that Ramil showed up here. After I trusted him to run the company. He comes here without notice. Maybe Terb tried calling me. But I was going through something, had to blow off some steam.

Earlier in week~

I woke from an dream of the past. In which I hadn't experience in a long while. My childhood wasn't an great one.

Yeah we were living a life that  others envy. Because of what they see on the outside. But inside that house. It was a lot of yelling, fights. I felt super guilt for not getting the brunt of things. I played nice even though I felt dead inside sometimes.

I smiled, dressed myself in some  of the best of the best clothes. Ran through men like water even though I didn't give it up with a lot of them. And when things got serious, I dumped them. I kept them at arms length. They were good looking like arm candy to go to different events.

Maybe I was just fooling myself into thinking that that way of life was best. And I didn't take noticed of someone that was there all along.

Being here, around Chan, him trying do hard to be in his daughter's life, also her mother's too. Watching them kind of made me jealous. Because right now Terb and I haven't gone public with our relationship. I cared about him deeply but was scared of public perception.

I knew I'm was not being fair to him. So I did the only thing I always do when I was down in the dumps. Was to party hard, get hammered.

I felt guilty but I really needed to make this call. Even it was nighttime over there. Hopefully he answered. I grab my phone, found his contact, pressed it and waited for him to answer.

An couple of rings later...

" Hey Nan. How are you ? " he answered his voice sounding deep from sleep.

" Hello my guy. I miss you too, " I spoke sweetly.

" I do too. I guess I already know what you're calling me for. And I did try to call you. But of course you didn't answer any of my calls or texts. Kind of made me upset my lady. "

" I'm sorry. I know there's no excuse but I'll explain. I was out partying with some friends, " I somewhat explained.

" Why would you do that ? I thought you didn't know anyone there. Besides that of Chan, his daughter, the mother of your niece. It's kind of an dangerous thing to do. Especially since you're an foreigner, probably don't know the area, " he stated out of concern that I could definitely understand.

" Hon it's dangerous everywhere. I needed an breather. But what I don't understand why my cousin's here. Something's up. After I was just discussing with you not too long ago. Can you tell me how things were going before and after he left to come here. "

" Sure. He was being his same self. But I felt like I was being followed. I was suspicious of him since he tried to expose us. We need to come out, say we're seeing each other Nan. Love is love, " Terb said, sounding sincere at the end.

It caused my heart to beat rapidly.

" I love you Terb. You know that, " I told him as tears formed in my eyes.

" Yes I know. And I'll investigate these matters first thing in the morning. I love you Nan. Let's end this call now. I had a long day. "

" Okay. So sorry for not answering your calls again. And Good night," I said giving him an kiss through the phone then hung up.

Then the guilt flooded my mind. But that wasn't only thing that did.

I had to speak to Chan about the matter of our wonderful cousin showing up. Here of all places.

Thanks for the 90k reads. I appreciate it so much ❤

Hope everyone's staying safe out there.