Chapter 15

" What was that all about ? ", Evelyn asked.

" Nothing I don't wanna talk about it, " I said wiping the tears from my eyes.

" It can't be nothing if you're in this state, " my mom said concern over the situation that took place right before her.

" Please Mom stop ! " I told holding up my hand.

Taking a seat, letting go of Aya which she immediately ran to her mother's bedside, " There's something going here but I guess she'll tell me when she's ready, " Evelyn thought to herself.

" Mommy why is that on your arm ? " Aya asked curiously touching the I.V. in my arm.

" It's medicine that goes into my body so Mommy can feel better honey, " I told her pinching her cheek.

After deciding to give up on asking her daughter once more about who that guy was Evelyn said.

" I knew this was gonna happen, working so hard was bound to have you up in the hospital, " giving a I told you so face.

" Mommy are we going home now ? " Aya pouts.

" Not tonight lil' one, your Mommy has to stay here with us at the hospital overnight, " the nurse said as she walked in the room.

" What's overnight ? " Aya asked innocently.

" It's means your Mommy has to stay tonight and come home tomorrow, " the nurse explained but Aya didn't understand and began to cry.

" Bbbutt....  I.. want her to come home with me and G - mom's, " she cried wiping her tears.

" It's okay baby, it's just for one night but we're together now, " I said wanting to hug and kiss the sadness away but couldn't because the nurse was checking vitals and setting up another I.V. bag.

2 hours later.......

Watching t.v. with Aya in bed with me. And my mother sitting on the couch on the opposite side of my hospital bed. Smiling a little because she was dosing off but trying hard not to fall asleep.

Trying to focus on the Disney movie Aya loved because she knew all of the singing parts. But couldn't because I felt like he was somewhere near. I don't know, I just have this feeling.

Just then the voice on the hospital intercom announces, " Visiting hours are over in 15 mins, I repeat visiting hours are over in 15 mins, " which jerked my mother awake instantly.

Yawning my mom told us, " Well it's about that time, We should be heading home now, " getting up from the couch stretching.

" No... but I don't wanna go, I wanna stay Mommy, " Aya cried clinging to me.

" No, Aya you have to go with Grandma and I'll see you tomorrow okay, " I said kissing her on the forehead.

" Alright, " she said as she slid off the bed with arms crossed walking over to my mother.

Gathering their things and putting on their coats my mother turned around, " Love you, see you tomorrow, " she said leaning over the bed to hug me.

" Love y'all too, " I told them both as they walked out the room.

Feeling alone now, I decided to lay down and try to get some sleep. It was so quiet now, it gave me a chance to think." Why was he here when I woke up ? " then I felt a shiver go up and down my spine.

Jumping up immediately onto the side of the bed. I thought it was best for me to leave the hospital just in case he comes back.

" I don't care. This is crazy, I need to leave, " I say aloud as the doctor comes in with him in tow.

" Oh my god ! I was a little too late, " I thought as my heart sank.

" How do you feel Ms. Jones ? " the doctor asked.

" I feel fine, I think I can be discharged right, " I told him trying to stand but failed.

Almost falling, Chan was there catching me before I hit the floor. I was shocked by the sudden contact and quickly pushed him away. My actions had the doctor stunned and confused.

Clearing his throat he said , " I see that you're not well as you say ".

" I am ! " I said a little stronger than intended.

" Clearly, you're not so get back in bed Sierra, " Chan said in a stern voice.

" You think I'm listening to you, It's you're fault am here in the first place so Shut the fuck up ! ", I screamed at him pushing pass him trying to leave the room.

" Ms. Jones, I think you're not well enough to leave yet. The nurse checked in on you just thirty minutes ago, you still have a fever. I would advise you to calm down before you exert yourself. And I don't know what's going on. But Ms. Jones, he's the one who carried you to the E.R . You should be grateful for him being there for you, " the doctor spoke in a rush grabbing a hold of my arm.

" Are you serious ? You know what I don't care, " I said yanking my arm from his grasp. The action cause me to stagger having no choice but to lean against the wall.

" Come on Sierra, don't be hard-headed ", Chan sighed putting his arm around my waist to guide me back to the bed.

But I wasn't having any of that, " DON'T! touch me, " I said in disgust.

" Ms. Jones he knows what he's talking about. He's a very good doctor, that's why Dr. Bowsuwan was asked to work here at this hospital, " the doctor said with admiration.

" Wait ! What ?! ", I yelled shocked at what l just heard.

" Yes..... Great...... it's a good start " Dr. Evans carried on as I heard his voice go from in and out to far away. The last thing I heard was Chan saying, " Sierra are you okay ? Wake up okay, "as I loss consciousness.

Thanks for reading ! 🙌💖

I haven't updated this story in awhile I was busy sorry 😢

I hope this chapter was ok 😐 there may be errors.

And as always don't forget to vote, comment and share ! 😄