Chapter 34

Sierra's pov~

The following week, I was still going over in my mind what Aya told me. It couldn't be real, it's just couldn't.

( Flashback )

" Mommy it's true Grandpa Ton told me at school when it was Parent's Day ! " Aya exclaimed.

" But baby you shouldn't be talking to strangers like I've told you time and time again. It's dangerous, you can't go walking off with someone you don't know. What if they took you, I and G-ma or Grandpa would never see you again. Or you would never see us again, " I explained the best way I could so she would understand.

" But mommy he wasn't a stranger. He told me that he knew about me before I was born. And he was sorry he couldn't have visited me sooner. He said this was the only time he could because he had to go somewhere far away, " she replied sounding much wiser than her years.

" What ?! "

" But mommy I didn't want him to go. And he was crying and I was too. Then he disappeared like one of the shows G-ma likes to watch on Sunday when we get back from church, " she tried to explain as tears filled her eyes.

And I reached over pulled her into a hug, trying my best to calm her. Trying hard myself to take it all in of what she's telling me.

But I just couldn't......

................................................

Coming out of my thoughts, I focused back on the road. I didn't need to cause an accident because of my wayward thoughts. Doing so I begin to take the familiar route Aya's school. And I knew I had to hurry because I was almost 45 minutes late.

Because I overslept, being it's my day off. I guess I was catching up on sleep. I was planning on just sleeping a couple of hours after I came back from dropping her to school in the morning.

I hope she wasn't too upset with me for making her wait. I'll have to do something to make it up to her.

Maybe I should take her out for ice-cream or something.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Pulling into an parking space, leaping out the car. I made a dash to get into the building, really surprised that they haven't began to called me yet. Seeing how late I was.

Coming upon the waiting area, I saw Aya talking to someone, their backs were faced towards me. But I knew it was my baby from the hairstyle, backpack, shoes and stance. But who was....

Chan ? What was he doing here ?

We didn't agree on anything like this as of yet. So I swiftly walked over to give him a piece of my mind.

Hearing me coming Aya turned around, saw me instantly running over to me hugging my side. Her presence blew most of my anger away. But I had to know why he was here in the first place.

" Why are you here ? " I asked.

" Well I'm here because the school informed me that no one came to pick Aya up, " he told me walking over where we stood.

" But why would they call you instead of me. Tell me what did you do ? " I replied with look of suspicion. I knew something was up by look on his face.

" Well you know the last time I was here. And with all that was happening. I give my name and number, etc. in case of an emergency, " he explained as he rubbed the back of his neck.

" But it should've been me. I'll have to talk to them about this, " I said furiously thinking on how if I didn't come on time. I probably would've just missed them, he could've taken her. And I wouldn't even know. Because I don't know where he lives or any contact information.

" Look I'm sorry I should've let you know about everything. So calm down, let's talk this over some ice cream, " he apologized.

When Aya heard ice cream she jumped up and down all excited, taking both our hands leading us to the front of the building.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

At the ice cream shop, we were sitting towards the back of the shop. And Aya was enjoying her three dipped ice cream of cookies and cream, cookie dough and sweet vanilla. And which she was getting all over her face. And I wanted to clean her up at bit but I would have to reach since she sitting across from me with Chan.

Which he got to ahead of me, like it was the most natural thing to do. Watching them I felt ping of jealousy. I want to reach over and smack his hand away but I didn't I just sat still as I took a sip of my strawberry milkshake.

" What did you do today at school Aya ? " Chan asked Aya bringing me out my thoughts.

Aya took another spoonful of ice cream, said " We did our letters and numbers. And we painted, played with toys. But I'm getting bored with that stuff, " she made a sullen face then went on. " I wish I could go to La La ( her cousin Nayla ) school because they do much more things than at my school, " she explained as she dug back into her ice cream which was melting fast.

Then Chan sent me a look that definitely said " You know what this means. "

And I did, that Aya was too advanced to be in this preschool.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Later on at home, I thought on all what was said when we at the ice cream shop getting ready to leave. And what Chan told as I buckled in Aya in her car seat.

He told me that I should be looking at having her take the test to see where Aya was intellectually. And if she passed he'd help her get into good school. But I told him we'll talk more at another time. Which in my mind would be long off.

But of course he had other plans, asked again could he take us out to dinner. And again Aya heard, she instantly said she wanted to go to this new family restaurant.

Chan agreed, I reluctantly did too. Because I didn't want to upset my baby. We made a date and time. Next Friday at six which was fine with me seeing as I was off that day too.

I would be doing this for my baby I kept telling myself as drifted off to sleep that night.

Sorry for the slow update, errors 😔 cause you know how wattpad's been acting lately.

Thanks for reading which got up to 8K reads and 1K votes. I appreciate it so much. Love you all ❤

As always vote, comment and share 💑