chapter 36

Chan's pov ~

When she opened the door, I was stunned on how beautiful she looked. And there was another thing. The play of emotions upon her face. I felt a ping of something and I knew I couldn't let this chance pass by.

But it was easier said than done. Because she immediately put up her guard. It was like it was saying " Not today buddy or I'm here even if I didn't really want to be.

And of course I wasn't gonna let that happen obviously.

So as I watched her from time to time. She kept her focus on what was going on outside of the car window.

She made me feel like I was a teenager again. I felt nervous and awkward. Because when I'd attempted to say something but it always ended up in my throat.

Oh god ! What was wrong with me today ? I could do this. I had good conversational skills.

And I had to mentally slap myself to bring this one out.

" You look nice today, " I smiled but felt I could've came up with something better.

Then she give me her attention for a few seconds, with a " Thanks, " and went back to staring out the window. Did she not believe me ? I didn't imply that she didn't look nice everytime I've seen her.

Or did I rush this ? I didn't want her hating me even more than she already does. I wanted to do more instead of relying on the other plan I had in mind.

Thinking of this, Aya caught my attention by saying " What about me ? " and I could tell she wanted an instant answer, that she meant business.

" I didn't forget about you because you'll always be beautiful in my eyes Lil Aya. "

" Really ?! " she exclaimed.

" Really, always. "

..................................

After escorting them inside the restaurant, going up to the counter to have someone show us to a table.

As we waited for that person to arrive. I took a sweep around the restaurant with my eyes. And yes this place was geared more towards families. But this was the place Aya chose so I wanted to make this the best experience for her.

The server arrived, we followed him to our table. Choosing our seats, Sierra sat on one side of the booth. And Aya and I sat at the other.

Immediately after, an waitress came over handing us menus and sets of utensils. And I picked an menu going over the restaurant's selections.

.....................................

Sierra's pov ~

Looking over the menu, I was a tad of upset that Aya chose to sit next to Chan. But I let it go because she appeared happy, when I stole glances over at them as I looked my menu. Those two together looking like a perfect picture deciding on what to order as they examined each others menu. Then I chose to look back at mine when Aya exclaimed.

" I know what mommy wants to  get ! " she said clapping her hands together bouncing up and down where she sat.

" Really now ? What do you think I'm gonna get ? " I questioned with a smile on my face.

" Well I saw something on Daddy's menu. And I knew you would want...................... An Chicken Caesar salad ! Right mommy ! "

" You're right baby ! " I matched her excitement and gave her a five when she held her hand out.

" She knows you well. How about you guess what I want to order, " Chan chimed in.

Then Aya went silent, in what am guessing she thinking it over seriously.

" Okay I think........ it's steak. And I know I am right ! "

Then Chan had an surprised reaction upon his face. Then replied.

" You're right I did want to order that ! "

And after he said that I couldn't help but laugh. His reaction was comical. To think I was tense up until we took our seats. The way he portraying his self now was very different of how I remembered him in the past.

" What's so funny ? I want in on it, " Chan asked looking slightly confused.

" Yeah mommy ? " Aya added.

" Nothing, mommy's just happy to be here with you both, " I smiled even though what I just said was partly a true. Because I was definitely here for Aya. But I really didn't know too much on Chan.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

After eating dinner we were now in the restaurant's fun and games area. And Chan and I played games to win Aya prizes, watched her get on rides.

And now we were sitting on a bench watching Aya play in a ball pit. We talked for a bit then things went quiet. Then I yawned, not because of being here so long. But of not getting enough sleep, it was all thanks to me being so working up over the past week. Then I yawned again.

" Are you tired ? We could head out if you want, " Chan asked placing a hand on my thigh which caused me jerk it off. And I kind of felt bad for doing so instantly after.

" I'm sorry, " I said even though I didn't know if I should be apologizing or not.

" No, I should be, " he replied then looked at his watch and said
" It's almost nine, we should get Aya home for bed. "

And I agreed, called out to Aya to come over, told her it was time to go. Which she then displayed her famous puppy dog eyes and pouting lips. And I knew she didn't want to leave yet but I didn't fall for it, neither did Chan when he scooped her up as she begged to stay for a little while longer. But we headed straight for the front entrance and out the door.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

When we arrived at my house, Aya was already fast asleep. I proceeded to get out the car when Chan stopped me. And I looked back wondering why he did so.

" Wait a minute Sierra before you go. I have something to say to you, " he said becoming serious.

Up top is the family restaurant logo.

Excuse my errors, thanks for the 9K reads ❤