Chapter 17

Javon POV

Driving to the hospital, running a couple of traffic lights. My palms were sweaty as I gripped the steering wheel. I pulled into the parking lot, quickly finding a space.

Heart pounding as I walked into the lobby to the front desk.

Thinking all the while, " Now why didn't I get the room no. from that guy who answered Sierra's phone ".

Then mentally face palm myself, " No wait, he hung up on me, " focusing back on the task at hand as I wait in line.

" Hello, how may I help ? " the receptionist asked.

" I would like to find out which floor and room Sierra Jones is located, " I told her.

" Sure, Let me check for you, " she politely smiled as she typed away while the minutes seemly ticked by slowly.

Finally she looked up and said, " She's on the 4th floor, in room 4081. You can take the East Elevators to get there quicker, " with a smile then stepping aside for the next person as I made my way to the elevators.

~~~~~~~~~~~

On the 4th floor now, looking at the sign to the right of me. I head in that direction, passing room numbers 4077, 4079 then coming upon 4081.

Reaching for the door handle, opening it I peer in to hear Sierra talking to someone. From the sound of it, its not a good conversation so I decided to go in to find out.

" What's going on here ?! " I said incredulously eyeing the both of them.

" Nothing, he was just leaving, " Sierra stated obviously directing it at the guy but looking straight at me.

" Why do you have to always be like this when am truly concerned about you," the unknown guy said causing me to watch Sierra carefully to see what she would say next.

Because if not am gonna have to step in.

" What are you..... Even still doing here, Why are you here !!!! " she yelled at him with me sensing a deeper meaning behind it.

So I rushed over to her and wrapped my arms around her. Then turning to face the guy that sounded oddly familiar, said.

" Would you please leave now, You're upsetting her!" noticing he's wearing a doctor's lab coat, wondering why I didn't see it before.

Who was he ? And why was Sierra so belligerent towards him. I didn't like seeing her this way.

But doctor or not no one's, I mean no one messes with my family.

" Okay but I'll be back to check on you cause its my job, " he said walking out, saying something under his breath in a language l couldn't understand.

Then I feel her begin to shake under my hold, realized she was crying. So I rocked her, rubbed her back and talked to her until she calmed down.

An hour later~

We talked awhile until she fell asleep 15 mins ago. I wanted to stay longer but I had to pick Nayla up from school.

As I watched her sleep, I began thinking of the promise I made with our beloved aunt Mary to look after her.

Heart broken by the way she went. She cherished us, the reason for that was she couldn't have children of her own.

At least she's in a better place along with her husband who passed from cancer 7 years before.

Remembering the summers, we spend with them those were some of my happiest memories.

Rising from my chair, going over to Sierra nudging her awake telling her, " I'll come back tomorrow, love you girl, " squeezing her hand lightly which makes her eyes open slightly.

" Okay, love you too, " she replied and dozes back off to sleep. I then turn around to leave the room. Closing the door softly being careful not to wake her.

While walking through the hospital, heading to the parking lot. I seriously thought to myself, " Something just ain't right ".

Sorry this chapter's short, the errors 😔

I should have another chapter up soon 😉

Thanks for reading ! 😆

And always don't forget to vote, comment and share ! 🙌