Chapter 2

Driving in my car, turning on my favorite music station. Aya squeals and shouts" This is my favorite song mommy turn it up!" We're both singing the song passionately. As I turn the corner to pull up in front of her daycare.

Getting out the car, I take her out of her car seat. And we head up to the daycare door. Aya's little friends come rushing up to us. One girl says " Can't wait to see the animals can you Aya? ". She answers, " Me too! Can't wait to see the elephants! " They take each other's hands and skip towards the classroom. Bringing a smile to my face.

I talk to the teacher for a few, then wave goodbye to Aya before leaving the building , walking back to my car. Looking at my watch," I need to hurry or am gonna be late, "as I shut the door of my car.

Getting there, I still have five minutes to spare. I hurry into hospital to clock in cause I need this money plus kids are expensive. Heading down to the basement area where I work. It's pretty loud down here cause I couldn't hear my co worker Jasmine call out to me.

Feeling a hand touch my shoulder, I turn around to see her smiling face, " Girl you didn't hear me calling you " she said. I replied " No I'm sorry how are you ?"

" I'm doing fine but your eyes are looking a little puffy " she says. " I guess I didn't get enough sleep but I'll be fine, "I said hunching my shoulders.

12:00pm

It's lunchtime Jasmine, another co worker of mine, Sara and I are walking in the cafeteria. Browsing around the food court to see what specials their having today. Getting our food, paying we stroll around till we find a table to sit down.

We're making small talk before I ask Jasmine, " How was you're date last Saturday ?"She answers " Girl that dude was a bum. "

" Really did something happen?" Sara asks. " You don't know the half of it, I mean he took me to a nice restaurant but then...", she says while shaking her head. " And what... ? " we both say.

" Well while we were eating he started smacking and making this whistling noise through his teeth, I just couldn't take it...." she stops. " And ? "Sara and I asked. Then she blurts out, " I told him I was going to the restroom but I left out the back door, thank God we decided to meet at the restaurant, " she sighed putting her head down on the table. Sara and I looked at each other and start laughing hysterically.

As we calm down from laughing so hard, " I can't believe you seriously did that, " I say.

" I know it was dumb, wrong but I wasn't feeling him, "she whined.

" Picky, " Sara says with a smile on her face. " I second that! " I laughed. " Oh what do you know, it's hard finding the one when was the last time you dated? " Jasmine says. My laughter dies and I think to myself not this stuff again here comes questions.

Trying but failing to change the subject I asked Sara " So how's married life treating you.....", but It gets cut off by Jasmine. " When was the last time you some "D" Sierra? " she asks.

Sara chokes on her drink, I'm embarrassed cause she said it loud enough for people to stop and stare. Picking up my tray, I take my trash to dispose of it then walk out the cafeteria. Hearing footsteps behind me, " Sorry girl I just don't know when to shut my big mouth, " Jasmine says. " Whatever it's fine, " I say.

" Lunch is officially over guys, "
Sara states. So we head back to work.

9:00pm

I'm driving home, 12 hour shifts ain't no joke and my feet hurt like hell. But I gotta make a living for me and my baby. I only moved back in with mother because she talked me into it. Saying that I needed help with Aya, she can watch her when I'm at work and on weekends so I can go on dates or something. Why does everyone want me to go on dates or get some these days. I'm like I'll be ready when am ready.

Pulling into the driveway I hear my phone ringing and it's not my normal ringtone. Picking it up seeing a pic of "him" flashing on the screen. Thinking to myself " How did he get my number? ". Face palming myself while looking down at the screen. It's from the social media site so I answer it hearing a deep voice from the other end of the phone that makes my heart skip a beat.

Thanks for reading!
Don't forget to vote, comment, share! 😊