chapter 33

Sierra's pov ~

Walking along behind him, he then turned and told me that we'll be going to his office.

A little while later, we arrived at the elevators. Getting on, we rode in silence until it dinged, in seconds the elevator door opened.

Ushering me out, he kept his hand on the small of my back. As we walked along the corridor, passing colleagues of his. They gave us looks, much like my friends gave me.

The " Why are they together ? " or " What's going on with them ? " type faces. It didn't matter to me what they thought really. I was more nervous to be alone with him.

Bringing me out of my thoughts, I noticed we've stopped in front of a door. And he opened it for me,  told me to go right in. I stepped inside, I heard the door close, locked which had me to turn around to know why.

" Why did you have to lock the door for ? " I asked.

" Because I value my privacy, I don't want anymore to walk in and disrupt our conversation, " he told me with an serious face.

" Well okay, What do you want to talk with me about ? " I asked nervously cause I was still wondering why he locked the door.

" Well we need to discuss on the plans of how we're going to raise our daughter. " he said taking a seat.

" I'm listening, " I replied.

" Because I really want to build an relationship with her. And a perfect start would be being around her more, " he explained.

" Yeah but right now is not a good time. I mean she just found out she had a father, that father was you. "

" That's what I am trying to explain to you. She needs to get to know me, " he stated moving back in his chair.

" Well I am saying with all that went on. I need to talk to her first until she understands, okay. "

" Why not now than later ? She has a right to get to know me just like have my rights too Sierra. "

" Not right now, okay, " I told him wanting this conversation to end. I guess am not ready still. I know what he's saying is true and all. But I wasn't ready for him to be a part my baby's life just yet.

" What are you afraid of ? Look I am sorry okay. Let's just go to dinner together like I asked before. The three of us, we'll go from there. "

At this point, I couldn't take anymore I wanted to get away from him. Because I felt like he was just planting his self in our lives when it was me and my baby for so long. And I needed to leave, be away from his questioning eyes.

So I got up, made my way towards the door. And just as I unlocked, had the door opened a bit it was slammed closed.

" Sierra listen, I'm sorry about the past cause that's what it is " The Past " and I am trying to do right by you and our child. Why are you making this so difficult. " he said turning me around to face him still holding the door close.

" Just open the door Chan. I thought I was ready for this but obviously I'm not. It's too much for me, " I pleaded with him.

But he didn't budge. What he did was to stare at me, mainly my lips. Then he came in for a kiss, his lips on mine, I stood there in shock.

I began to pushed him off me because I didn't want this. I guess I got through to him when he pulled back immediately.

" I'm so sorry, am sorry I.... " he apologized profusely opening up the door and letting me out.

And I didn't look back, I walked back to the elevators numbly. Got on, pushed my floor. I was spaced out the entire way back to my department.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

The next morning, I waited until this exact time, day. Because Aya was so happy and bouncing around telling me. How much fun she had with her grandparents at Chuck e cheese's.

So I didn't want to spoil anything for her then when she went. But I couldn't put it off like I did all her life.

I called her into my room, sat her down. I guess I was making a face by her saying.

" Mommy ? What's wrong ? " she asked looking a bit scared.

" Mommy's alright baby. But I do have to explain something to you, okay. "

Looking me in the eyes, " What is it ? " she asked.

" Well Aya you know the man who came to Parent's Day and you saw at the grocery store. "

" Yes, " she replied.

" And what he is to you ? " I asked feeling am truly failing at this.

" Yeah, Aunt Nan, Grandpa Ton told me already, " she smiled.

So she already knew. And his sister told her, I'll have to have talk with her, soon.

But who was this Grandpa Ton because it was not my father's name. It was John but it sounds awfully like it. But the way she said it, it was like she was talking about someone else entirely different.

If there's errors I'll fix them later, I know I always say this. 😉

How feel about Sierra's character as of now ?

Thank for reading ! Vote, comment and share ❤