Chapter 40

It took me to believe in the lord above all else to not stop Chan's sister from going on this outing with Aya....

Sierra's pov~

I know she assured me plenty of times that she wouldn't let any harm come to my baby. And she would go above and beyond for her.

But I still felt uneasy, after we hung up with each other, till she came and picked her up. And now here I am sitting here, looking out the window for them every once, awhile hoping for them to drive up or magically appear because I want it to be so.

In my heart I know she would never hurt her own niece but my head is telling me something else. I've let her go with other people like Jasmine and Sarah but they are my best friends which I knew for years. Even letting her go with them I did have some worries. But those worries weren't like this.

Am letting my anxiety get the best of me but I refuse to let it just take over. I needed to calm myself, drink some tea or something. Maybe I should talk to someone. But mom's not here. Maybe I should call Javon, see what advice she could give.

God ! I really hated this side of me. But I wouldn't know what to do if something happened to my baby. So I picked up my phone intending to call Javon when my mom comes in the house.

And seeing the look about my face she asks me, " Why does it look like you're about to jump outta your skin ? What's up ? "

So I contemplated for a second on my next words. I couldn't let her know what was really on my mind.

" Nothing Mom, I'll get dinner started, " I told her getting up from the couch, walking towards the kitchen hoping she wouldn't find out I was really one second from flipping out.

But she stopped me by putting a hand on my shoulder saying " You sure ? Because the last time you said it was nothing. I was shocked to know what it truly was Sie Sie. "

" I'm alright, " I replied reaching up into a cabinet for two boxes of macaroni putting it on the counter, turning to face her.

Then she started to stare at me. It was like she was looking into my soul if that makes any sense. They say mothers know all about their children. But why couldn't I believe that my baby was in good hands.

" You're worried about Aya aren't you ? "

Sighing in defeat because I couldn't keep my feelings from this woman for long. And I felt a bit ashamed for letting the anxiety get the best of me.

" I can't help it okay. I just don't want anything to happen. And yeah it might not but still.... " then my words were suddenly cut off by her coming over, bringing me for a hug.

" It's okay. I totally understand, " she told me as she patted my back.

.....................................

Several hours later, I felt instant relief when I heard a knock on the door. And rushed over to it, opened it.

" Hi, " Chan's sister said at the open door with Aya in her arms.

" Hello, " I answered back then reached over to take Aya into my arms.

Chan's sister looked stunned by my course of action. And it made things kind of awkward for some seconds until she spoke.

" Well I have to go back to the car to get her things, " she said turning to go retrieve the items when I took a peek to see what  she was referring to. I was shocked to see that she took not one but six bags total from her backseat then slammed the door. And headed back towards the house.

" What's all of that ? " I asked because I couldn't resist.

" Oh it's a few things that bought at the mall for her. Is there a problem ? "

" No not at all. "

" Well okay then. I'll be going now, " she said, took one last look at Aya, left to return to her car, drove away.

Shutting the door, I looked down to take in all of what all she said was just a few things.

" Oh lord. She was going to be spoiled now, " I thought to myself as I took the stairs to put Aya to bed.

........................

The next morning, while eating breakfast. I felt like I wanted to go back upstairs to bed. Letting out an series of yawns, I was pretty groggy. As I was rubbing my eyes. Aya surprised me by the questions she asked.

" Mommy do you have a boyfriend ? Do you love him ? Do you love daddy ? "

" Wait what ?! Did you just say ? " I asked fully awake now.

" Do you have a boyfriend ? "

" Not that. "

" About loving him ? " she smiled while saying this.

" No not that. "

" Oh mommy. I said do you love daddy. Because that would be great then we can live in the same house, never be apart, " this little girl explained as a matter of fact.

" Really ? And who or how did you think up all of this ? " I said reaching out to tickle her.

" Myself because that's what I really want, " she told me between giggles.

Hope this wasn't too boring. And thanks for the 15K reads. I really appreciate it.