chapter 54

Alcohol and anger. Not a good combination. Jealousy turns to rage, so forth.

Sam's pov~

My lease on life is come what may. I knew for an young age that I didn't want to do what my parents or grandparents expected of me. I loved taking a full leap to the wild side. When I was in grade school when kids were showing their new fancy toys off to each other at lunch time. I'd be hanging out with janitor. I would be listening to his stories, they were good because they had my attention more than the newest Pokemon cards packets that came out that week.

I can remember his name and face, even down to the type gum he chewed. Otis was his name, he had a smooth face with no wrinkle in site but his hair was graying in the front of his head. The gum was spearmint by Wrigley's. And he sometimes reward me with pieces when I'd sit through a repeat of an story he had already told. He told me plenty of things I knew nothing about. The way he spoke of events, his storytelling had so much conviction, earnesty. I couldn't help believe it was true. It was certainly,much more interesting than Saturday morning cartoons. Even though I couldn't watch them often.

And after fifth grade I saw him less and less. The reason was because my parents wanted me in more extra curricular activities. In which I wasn't up for, I was basically forced into doing. Later on I had found out that Mr. Otis had got sick, died during the five years I hadn't seen him. Hearing that news made me depressed, I grieved for awhile until I was in highschool. During that time my parents were throwing their tyranny down my throat for lack of better words.

Basically they wanted me to be like a programmable robot to do their bidding. But in my sophomore year in high school. I snapped, stopped listening to them. I started to hung out with the wrong crowd. Even tried my hand at some drug dealing. Those eighteen months were the best years of my life, also the worse besides hanging out with Mr. Otis.

Several bad decisions lead to a slew of events that landed me in jail. Causing my parents to plan to cover up this part of my life before it could become public. Because of how they had said it was " It could've been a stain on our family's perfect record. And once again I was under their thumbs. The whole family would check up on me. Probably just waiting until I'd fuck up. But I proved them wrong, went back to school, graduated, went to university.

Showed everyone that I wasn't a fuck up, graduated with honors, so forth. But I also didn't feel any happier or that I triumph over adversity. So when it was time to go in the family business. I opted to start at an lower position, work my way up much to my parents dismay. But my grandfather was all for it.

At first when I started my position, I thought it was going to boring, all. I learn the in's and out's of the hospital to get a better feel of the place. Going from one low ranking job until I was promoted. No one would be the wiser because I would probably not form connections with anyone.

But boy was I wrong when I met Sierra and her friends also my co workers. Those who I had became close with even though I wasn't attending to do so. But it happened, I begin to see Sierra in a new light. And I started to believe what Mr. Otis told me all those years ago. That when you know that she's the one. She'll be all you can think of. Back then I thought girls were gross, that type of stuff wouldn't happened to me up until I got to know her.

And here I am throwing back these drinks like they are water. I felt the buzz hours ago, try my best to hide it. But after awhile I didn't really give a shit. It made me drink even more when Sierra seemed to be giving me dirty looks. I couldn't believe she would act this way, not even giving the fact that she showed to this same charity ball that I previously asked her to be my date before. But she ditched me to show up. With none other than the person that caused her most pain, hurt her. It had my blood boiling, I was inching for a fight. That bastard Chan ! And Whatever his last name was.

He was on stage speaking about the unfortunate children. Telling everyone how much he loves to help the children of the world. The hypocrite !

Where was all his niceties when he was violating Sierra. When she was probably begging him to stop or to letting her go. Was he so lenient ?

" ......my daughter..... " I heard him say, I looked to the stage at the projector screen, lost it.

Next thing I knew that I was making my way towards the stage. Somehow made it up there in no time flat. Ready to tear into him. But I was thawed by others. And as I was drugged off. I happened to look in the general direction at the person I didn't want to see me this way. She staring right me but not for long. She turned on her heels, walked away.

Like she couldn't be bothered. The same way my family looked at me. The black sheep of the family. People were trying to take me somewhere so I could calm down but all I could think of was Sierra. I wasn't going to let her just walked away without me explaining.

As I was trying to break free from these people trying to hold me back. I saw Chan racing after her, beating me to the punch. I then got the strength to throw them of me, followed suit.

Hopefully I would make it before he could.

*
*
*

Ramil's pov~

My contact briefed me about what went down during the week on watching my two oblivious cousins. And the last part had put a smile on my face after my day had been soured because of some idiots of an Tech conglomerate felt that it wasn't in their best interest in collaborating with a new pitch I had of our two companies working together.

I gave them my best charismatic speech that worked over many until it was too late, I had there company on board. And there wasn't anything they or anybody else could do about it. But this time it didn't work in my favor.

After some thinking it over. I was starting to wonder if they were somehow tipped off or spooked. Because they were all for it but at the last minute they backed out. They even paid the opted out fee. It was a pretty penny but it could've been whole lot more. For me that is.

If we had just went forward on this. I was even playing by the book. See where that gets a person, that's why I don't do it often.

What the investigator had for me. Was also eye catching. It was the pictures of the woman Chan fancied. Those alluring lips, that curvaceous body. I wanted this woman so much. My manhood throbbed in anticipation. I could hardly wait until I could taste her.

" Soon very soon, " I smirked as I placed the pictures back into the envelop they came in, put them in my desk drawer locking it.

Who else think these guys need to beat it ? Just kidding 😂

But for real your honest opinion ?