chapter 41

An much needed Sam pov. Since we haven't heard from him in awhile.

Sam's pov ~

Since I've first started working here, gotten to know everyone that's sitting around at this cafeteria table. Some I wanted to know more than others.

And that someone was, Sierra. I known her as co- workers our job can admit. Then in friendship as they let me into their group. And going out together but I only went when Sierra agreed to go. Which was sad on my part. But I couldn't help it, I've tried, it wasn't as much fun without her present. I couldn't stop watching her without coming off too creepy.

I loved the way she talked, her attitude and even the weird laugh she had. It was infectious especially when she was laughing over something Jasmine said. And that girl was hilarious, beautiful in her own way but I couldn't get enough of Sierra just being around Sierra was everything.

But I think I let my personality show early on in the relationship...I mean of getting to know her. And again I couldn't just stand by, let someone else come, take her. Which brings me to my most burning question. What ? And who ? Was the new doctor that just started at the hospital, his knowing of her. What is her relationship with him ?

It seemed like there was a past between them but nothing was brought to my attention. Or maybe if something was being kept from me. It has been instances when one of the girls would almost let something slip. And I wasn't stupid but whatever it was, all I know that sometimes the past was just that.

I thought that, more as I watched Sierra get up from her seat. And the others asked were she was going, she said the restroom. Then they both followed after her.

Upon leaving after an minute or so I heard footsteps coming closer to the table, turned around thinking it was her.

But it wasn't.

" Where's Sierra ? Had she not come in today ? "

There stood my rival of sorts. Which I'm having a hard time answering him because I wanted to knock him down where he stood. But I couldn't because I didn't want to anger the big boss of the hospital. Because he fought hard for this particular doctor.

" Is she here or not ? " he asked looking impatient. But I didn't give a damn if I said anything to him about anything. Because simply I didn't like the dude.

Then sighing, I told him " She'll be back soon. "

And right on cue the girls were walking towards the table. When they reached it, Jasmine and Sarah sat down but Sierra stood there looking between me and the good doctor here.

" What are you doing here Chan ? " she asked on a nervous but subtle laugh.

" It's a free area, of course I work here, " he replied with a grin.

What was this interaction ? I didn't like it one bit.

" I know that, " she said looking uncomfortable as we all watched on.

" Of course. But could you come with me, I'd like to talk to you. "

" Whatever you have to say, you can say in front us, " Jasmine chimed in.

I wanted to thank her contribution. Because I knew I couldn't have done that.

" Yeah sure, " she said, moved around the table to stand next that guy, then they walked away.

" Okay, Now you two need to tell everything that's going between them two, " I turned around, asked Jas and Sarah when they were out of ear shot.

.....................................

Sierra's pov~

As I walked back to the table, ready to grab my purse and head to the line but of course we put Sam on purse duty which we do a lot. I know it's kind of wrong to do that to him but we trust him. And he doesn't seem to mind at all.

But when I saw who also stood at the table. I froze, then started to admire all that is Chan. And had to mentally slap myself for thinking this.

We have so many problems as it is. I don't need to be seeing him in this light. All he'll ever be is the father of my child. Whether I like or not.

So when he asked to speak with me. I actually didn't want to talk in front of everyone. I guess he noticed my plight, asked if we could talk somewhere else. I jumped at the chance, I took it. And he engaged me, we went on our way.

...............................

Now seated at a bench outside of the hospital. I was pretty nervous about what he had to say to me.

He sat next to me with this serious look on his face. He kept crossing his legs, un crossing them. He even scratched the back of his head a couple of times.

" What's going on, Chan ? " I asked out of frustration.

" I want us as a family to go to the charity event that happening next Saturday. "

" What ?! "

" Yes, You and I, Aya. It's an family event during the day then at night it'll ... " Chan was explaining until I cut him off.

" I don't know. Can't you go with your sister and Aya, you said its an family event. "

" Yes it is but I also want you to be there, " I replied giving me that all too well known smile.

And I blushed but had to straighten myself out quickly, said.

" I'll think about it. "

What did y'all think about Sam's pov ? What does everyone think of this charity event ?

Sorry I took so long, my errors in this chapter.