Chapter 29

Sierra's pov~

While everyone were gathered in the cafeteria with food spread out for us to partake....

I was in line, holding Aya's hand as I talked to Javon and my mother. While Sara was ahead of us, in a conversation with my father.

That's when I felt urge to look around the room. And low and behold it was the person that I didn't wanna see, he was with that woman from earlier.

Seeing this made me feel .......

What ? .........

" Mommy come on ? I'm hungry, "  Aya pulled me along because the line moved up farther.

" Sierra ? Why are you looking around for ? " my mom asked as we closed the space between us.

" Nothing much, " I lied.

.............................................

After we had our food, found seats with some of Aya's friends and their parents. We introduced ourselves, begin to eat soon after the conversations started.

As I told the kids how good their performance was. I felt a presence or should I say two. I heard Aya say.....

" Why are you here Mister ? " she asked confused.

But it was the woman who answered for him. Which I didn't like, I might add.

" We're here for you little one, " she said getting down to her level, pinching her cheek. Which Aya half smiled backing away still confused.

" What are you ...... " I began to say but my father beat me to it by saying exact same thing but more menacing. He looked like he was gonna tear into him. But luckily my mother was there to calm him down.

" Um Chan can I talk to you ? " I told him getting up, pulling him along not giving him a chance to answer. And I turn to see everyone's reaction, I saw that woman had taken my seat next to Aya.

But I needed to handle this first. And my family and friends were there at the table if she tried something.

Deciding that going outside would be best. I practically pushed him out the door. I can admit my anger play a big part. But so what he's a man he'll get over it. But first things first, I needed answers, now.

" What are you doing here Chan ?! " I asked, feeling as if I was gonna to explode any minute now.

" I'm here for our daughter. Sorry I was late, " he smiled or was it smirk. Either way I was still pissed.

" So you told your woman to come ahead of you. Don't know what your planning but it ain't gonna happen. Nobody I mean nobody's taking my baby away from me. You got it ! " I stated poking him in the chest.

And he just smiled. Did he think this is funny. Well I am not finding it that way. Not in the least.

" What the hell are you laughing for ? Huh ?! " I asked incredulously.

" I didn't mean to but you have it all wrong. "

" How so ? "

" That's not my woman. It's my sister Sierra, " he replied still chuckling.

" Well okay then but I'm still wondering why your here Chan. Showing up without calling. "

" Would you even have answered. Tell me that. "

" No. "

" Exactly. "

" You still didn't answer my question. Did you send your sister to come over here to spy on me or something, " I asked.

" It wasn't like that. And I apologize on her behalf. Because I couldn't stop her from coming even if I wanted to, " he tried to explain.

" So I guess it runs in the family, " I said under my breath.

" I didn't catch that. "

" It was nothing. Well I am finished talking, I hope you and your sister won't stay for long. "

" I haven't so can we go over there, talk like the adults we are "  Chan said guiding me over to a park bench that was located in the park adjacent to the school.

..............................................

Sitting now, he began to apologize about that night when he drove us home from the grocery store. And again for today but I really wasn't buying it. I wish he would back off because I didn't want him to just place himself in my life like he belongs here.

Like we didn't have a past of bad memories that he created. I couldn't and wouldn't let him get to me.

" Sierra ? Did you hear what I said ? " he asked pulling out of my thoughts.

" No ? What did you say ? "

" I asked that I would like to take Aya and you of course out to dinner. "

" I don't think that's a good idea, "

" Well I am her father. I just wanted her to get a chance to know me. That's all. "

" The answer is still no Chan, " I told him point blank.

" Why...." he asked but was interrupted by his sister running up to us out of breath.

Once she could get a word out. She told us.

" Aya's missing and we don't know where she could be. Have you two seen her ? " she spoke looking terribly concern.

Another chapter, sorry for the shortness and errors. 😔

Someone asked me why I didn't have a face for the female characters in my stories. So I picked one for Sierra ❤

Her name is Teyonah Parris what do y'all think ?

Thanks 4 the 5K reads, for reading this chapter.... ✌