Chapter 23

Let downs is something I shouldn't be used to. Because hope is something I strive for. ✴

Chan's pov »

Earlier that morning~

The return flight was longer than I expected. Exiting the airport, I called the person that I asked watched her.

We talked for a few about the things she did and her various locations. Then I ended the call after I told him I would call back.

In my car now, I headed back to the hotel I was staying. I haven't found a house yet but I checked out a couple before Nan informed me of grandfather's death.

Several hours later~

Freshly showered and dawning new clothes. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand.

" Do you have her location now ? And I have something I want you to do also. "

So I went on to tell him those plans. And quickly left the hotel to head straight to the grocery store.

When I got there, I immediately noticed her car parked in a spot close to the front of the store.

Getting out of the car, walking up to the building. " She not gonna like the surprise am gonna give her, " I thought to myself passing through the automatic doors.

Sierra's pov »

I thought things were tough for my mom when I was growing up. And without a father too, it was even harder for her. But I refuse to rely on a man for any help. I am perfectly fine on my own.

Until my baby asked " Who is this Mommy ? "

Oh but I can't stand the bastard. That's why I took offense for him showing up like this. Things like this have to be taken slow. Plus I'm not ready yet and I still don't trust him at all.

I wish he would've told me about coming here ( * the first time ) . So I could prepare myself. But would it really matter if he did or not.

The sneaky manner he went about things has me thinking otherwise. Trust was broken in the past. He hasn't done anything as of yet to gain it.

I just need to get out of this store before I say anything else that draws attention.

But my cart was stopped in its tracks. By none other than him, please let him moved out the way. I really didn't want to deal with this right now.

And of course he didn't ....

" Could you please move aside, I don't have time for you right now, " I asked trying to keep my anger at bay.

" Okay, let's start over I didn't mean to cause any harm by coming here. "

" The last time you said that..." I began to say but cut myself off in mid sentence.

The look on his face told me that he knew why stopped what I was saying.

As we stood in a stalemate, weighing on what each of us was going to say. Aya broke the silence by announcing.

" We can't forget about cupcakes. I want to get ones with rainbow sprinkles. "

" Okay baby let's go pick some up and then we will go home. "

" Yay ! " she said gleefully, grabbing my hand swinging it side to side.

At that same moment Chan let go of the cart. And we went over to bakery section to find those cupcakes.

And Chan followed but not too close. I still felt his presence, I was glad he put some space between us.

Cause I really didn't like him or anyone crowding my space. That's just the way am I and even more so because of my past with him.

Placing the overly sweet little cakes in the cart, I picked up a couple of more things. And move on to the checkout line to pay for my items.

There now, I was getting ready to put a gallon of milk on the conveyor belt when Chan stopped me.

" You're looking a little tired I can handle this for you. "

I was just about to refuse, say I could do it but he had already had half of my grocery items on the belt. So I let him continue with rest.

When it came time to pay, as I took my wallet from my purse. I was surprised when he put his hand over mine.

" I got this. " he said handing the cashier his bank card.

" I have money, I can pay for my own things. "

" I understand but let me this time, " he replied putting the already bagged items back in the cart.

" Well whatever, " Was all I could say as he took hold of the cart with Aya in tow, pushing it towards the exit.

" Mommy come on ! Aren't we going home now ! " she shouted smiling, waving for me to come along.

What is going on ? Usually my baby is shy around people she just met. She's all relaxed with him and what not. I'm feeling a bit jealous as of now.

Outside now, we already loaded my car with my purchases. All buckled up, Chan came over to the drivers side. For what I am guessing was to say goodbye.

" Well I'll see you later, bye little lady, " he said waving at Aya.

" Bye, Bye " Aya giggled waving back.

Then Chan stepped back, I turned the key in the ignition but the car would start. But why, I just went to the gas station before coming. So I tried again several times but it still wouldn't start.

Hearing an knock on my window, I jumped cause I thought he was already gone.

Rolling it down, saying " What are you still doing here ? "

" I could ask you the same, Are you having car trouble. "

" Yea it seems so. "

" Well I could give you a lift cause you'll be waiting awhile for a tow plus it's hot out and you don't anything to spoil," he said out of concern.

" I don't know, I can call an taxi.... " I began to say.

" Mommy am hungry and I'm burning up too, " Aya chimed in with a exhausted look on her face.

" See you can't keep her waiting out here for too long. "

" Okay then, " I said giving in.

Thanks for reading ❤
Excuse my errors 😅

Vote, comment and share ✌