chapter 35

Sierra's pov~

Tired, walking into work because I didn't get much sleep, I was thinking too much over the weekend about the date or family outing or whatever it was. I knew I shouldn't have done that for the exact reason on how I'm feeling now.

I was tired, sleepy and just wanted to turn around, go back home. But I couldn't so I pushed through with the help of coffee. And the jokes of Jasmine that had everyone laughing in our section.

And when lunch rolled around I was fully woke now. As the four of us order our food, paid then went to find a table for us to sit.

As we sat down, I thought on how I really loved and enjoyed being around these three. Then felt guilty for not telling them what was going. I knew they knew some of it but I really should explain it especially to Jasmine and Sarah. But I didn't know how I would tell Sam.

First things first I need to eat because I truly was hungry at the moment. I'll just tell them at another setting, some place that wasn't on the job. Maybe a girls night in or something along those lines. I thought to myself as I dug into my pasta.

...........................................

Halfway into lunch, Sarah said she had something important to tell us. And I prayed to myself to let it be something good. So she waited until she had all of our attention. Then announced.....

" Well everyone, I am expecting ! " she exclaimed as us girls were happy for her, Sam looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here surrounded by us extremely excited girls.

" Congrats but you know I can give you some good baby names girl, " Jasmine said.

" How many weeks or months are you ? " I asked.

" I'm happy for you, " Sam joined in.

And Sarah replied to all of us. I was surprised that she was going on four months because she looked the same size as always. I can say I was jealous because I ate up some food when I was pregnant. And took me like a year to get that baby weight off after having Aya. But I love her so much, can't imagine my life without her.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

The week went surprisingly fast, I knew Aya wouldn't let me back out of this planned outing without a fuss because she's been talking about it all week.

Flashback-

" Guess what Mommy some of my friends at school said they were jealous of me but I don't what for though, " Aya said confused.

" Why would they say that for Aya ? " I asked.

" Well they said that my daddy looks rich. And I will probably get anything I want now. And Ms. Simmons said to Ms. Lee that she thought he was handsome, " Aya smiled showing her tiny teeth.

" Oh really ? " I said because I really didn't know what to say to that. And what are these teachers saying in front these small impressionable kids. It really had me wondering about a lot other things these teachers said in front of my child.

............................................

Finally the dreadful day came,  I was fixing Aya's hair when the door bell rang. Which made me drop the brush I was using. And looked to the clock, yes it was about that time we agreed on.

I got up, headed straight to the door after finishing up my baby's hair. Opening up the door stood Chan dressed in casual clothes. I haven't seen him dressed like this..... well since way back in college. And I can admit that those teachers weren't lying.

Then I noticed him looking me up and down. Which I didn't like not one bit. Wishing I could back out but it was too late. I'd look like a fool, to Aya " A meanie " she told me when I denied her things. And on cue Aya came over.

" Hi are we ready to go now ? " she said happily grabbing onto Chan's hand, catching onto one of my arms.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

In the car now, I sat quietly looking out the window watching other cars go by. When Chan told me.

" You look nice today, " he said smiling causing me to look over at him.

" Um thanks, " I replied shyly and turned attention back to what was outside the car window.

" What about me ? " Aya asked dead serious.

I guess someone's doesn't want to be left out.

Chan chuckled and said " I didn't forget about you because you'll always be beautiful in eyes Lil Aya. "

" Really ? " she asked surprised.

" Really, always. "

At that moment I choose to take a peek at the rearview mirror, saw Aya sitting there smiling like her favorite singer or Santa Claus just gave her an complement.

But it wasn't any of them that she wanted to see the most. It was her father, I couldn't take that away from her.

Lost in thought, I noticed the car had stopped. And I looked around, saw we were at our destination.

Then we exited the car, made our way to go inside the restaurant.

" Let's make this special for your daughter Sierra. And don't mess this up for her, " I thought to myself walking through the door Chan held open for me.

Sorry this chapter is so short. I think feeling the writer block creeping up on this one. And excuse these errors 😔

Thanks for reading ❤

Vote, comment and share ✌