chapter 31

In the third person pov ( as in me ) ~

As Aya heard the news, he ( as in her father ) was here just moments ago. She felt instantly confused....

Her heart began to pound deep inside her tiny chest. She could barely pay attention to the woman who told her she was her aunt.

Words sounded like they were muffled until her grandmother picked her then a few seconds later placing her back in her seat as everyone continued to fuss at the woman who called herself her auntie Nan.

She tried to pick up her juice box to take a little drink because she began to get thirsty. But it slipped from her grasp, landing on her dress and on the floor.

She didn't bother picking it up. She was worried her mother would be mad if she saw her that way. So she slipped away without anyone noticing. They were busy talking way too much.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

In the restroom now, she chose the one farthest from the Auditorium so wouldn't be caught by her mother. Going to the kindergarten section of the facility. Because she had a friend that's in that grade, her name was Niyah took her one day so she remembered. ( * the place where Aya goes to has an daycare, head start, preschool and also kindergarten. I know I need to go back, fix it in the story. Okay go on reading now ) She went straight to the sink. And turned on the tap, grabbed some towels. Then putting them under the tap, turned it off. She remembered how mommy did it, tried to squeeze out the excess water out.

But she couldn't do it all too well, gave up. Only to began or try to scrub the stain out.

Unfortunately the stain spread even more. And she began to cry. She was scared what mommy would say so she continued until the door to the restroom open up about an inch.

Then she heard an elderly man say, " It's okay, come on out. "

And she did what he instructed. She knew she shouldn't because her mother, grandmother told her never to talk to or follow strangers. But she felt she could trust him.

Once out in the hallway, she searched around to find him. But she couldn't located him until he called out her name.

" Aya. "

" Aya over here. "

So she followed the voice, it led her down the hall pass some classrooms. And when she found the man he was standing there close to the schools side entrance. Then he waved for her to come over to him.

Doing so, she stood right in front of him. And he smiled as he touched her head. So she smiled in return.

...............................................

Chan's pov~

I couldn't believe she'd think I do that. I was shocked but I managed to follow her back into building.

When I got in, people were in a discussion. I heard " we should check other parts of the building. " And I thought " they didn't do that already. "

Everyone of her family members and friends looked worried. But what was really strange was Aya wasn't missing that long. When my sister came out rushing over to tell us the news, that was almost fifteen minutes ago. And Sierra and I were not talking outside for that long. So I went over to suggest something but they were all looking at me with the coldest expressions.

Then Sierra's father started to give me the evil eye, making his way over to me saying.

" What are y'all still doing here ! " and I was confused until an arm hook around mine, noticed it was my sister.

" I have a right to be here, besides we shouldn't been arguing right now. We need to find Aya. "

But my speech only anger him more. And he took me by the collar. By that time all the focus was on us. As my sister had been  let go of my arm. But it didn't stop her from being upset, shouting.

" What are you doing ? Let him go now ! "

And his response was, " I'll do it when I am good and ready, " he stated through clenched teeth.

Then I responded with knocking his hands off me, said " As I said this is pointless right now. We need to find the child if all of you want to just stay here and argue be free to, " I told them as I fixed my collar, turned around to go search for my daughter.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

I searched all almost the whole building with others lagging behind me. I really didn't pay attention who it was but I knew I had to find Aya.

Then I came upon a sign that said  " Kindergarten classrooms " So I went on ahead and checked the restrooms. And then the classrooms with others still following after me not saying a word.

Where was she ? I thought to myself as I left the last classroom.

Then I heard crying behind me, looked around to see. It was Sierra.

And I felt bad so I tried to tell her some words of comfort by saying " We'll find her. I promise. "

Her response was to lash out at me.

" How do you know ?! She could be long gone by now. It'll be all my fault ! " she cried.

So I went over to hug her, surprisingly she didn't push me away. As I pulled her closer into my embrace something caught my attention outside of the door just a bit away to right of me.

So I blinked to make sure if I'm seeing was real or not. It was her but it looked like she was talking to someone.

Letting Sierra go, I raced as fast as I could towards that door, opening it.

.........................................

I found Aya smiling and waving at someone but no one was around. Because I looked, came up with nothing.

So I immediately went over and picked her up. And checked her over to see if she was alright. She looked fine so I gave her an light scolding.

" What were doing out here ? Don't you know you had everyone worried. And who were you out here with ? "

" I was with Pu' Tun , " she told me smiling.

I was stunned. Now how did she know this.

Because my grandfather or Pu' Tun as she said has been dead for almost a month now.

Was this chapter any good ? And excuse the errors, I'll fix them later 😅

Thank for reading and the 6K reads ! 😊❤