chapter 43

The asking part proved to be easier than the waiting part.

Chan's pov~

I just wanted a chance to show her that we could be good together. I didn't want to force her or anything. I can admit that I anger play a part in my coming back to the States, confronting her. I was really upset that she kept my child a secret. But I did some thinking after that night, many others that couldn't be forgave easily. That got it all wrong, for so many years.

And my sister had to tell me about myself. I know I get a little hot headed. The being all sneaking, her not knowing it was me she was talking to. I kept it secret because I was ashamed of what I had done. I messed up big time, needed to tread lightly before it was too late. I didn't want to scare her off.

I needed to put my pride aside, go at her pace. But at the same time I wanted all that was good to come to with us. Not only for our child but to build an relationship, hopefully we can start over. I want my life to go in the right direction.

And the series of events woke me up so to speak. My grandfather's death, it had me reevaluate things, when Aya went missing. I had a child now that I had to protect, wish to have an family with her and Sierra.

..................

Walking into the hospital one day, I was approached by someone that looked somewhat familiar, as he stood in front of me. Suddenly it dawned on me that he looked just like that hospital's director grandson. But it seemed like I've seen him somewhere else recently.

And it was seconds before either of us said anything. I couldn't for the life of me remember where to place him.

Then the stare down ended by him asking, " I'm a friend of Sierra's if you must know. So my question is What are your intentions with her ? "

" What if any ? It isn't any of your business, " I answered back.

" As I said I'm asking because I'm her friend. "

" Well I'm not a friend of yours so I still don't have to tell you anything, " I clapped back when I noticed animosity in his eyes.

" Well stay away from her because you left her, since you came back into her life, she's different, " he stated.

" That's not gonna happen, if you'll excuse me I have work to do, " I told him pushing pass him, was about to walk away when he said something that was loud enough for me and couple of other people to hear.

" If I knew it was you that my grandfather wanted to have at the hospital, I'd voted against you, made sure others would've followed suit, " he spoke with all the venom that he didn't let show upon his face.

Then I gave one last look of pity, turned around to go to my office.

...........................................

Nan's pov ~

As I was looking over some spreadsheets, accounts that Terb emailed me. It didn't look like anything was out of place, it actually looked excellent.

But I had this feeling that something was amiss. I don't know what brought it on but seeing this put me at ease. Suddenly little twinges of anxiety made me not feel that way for long.

I could just chalk it down to me being away for this long because I've been working non stop for the past eight years without an proper vacation. And I knew I could trust my cousin, hell he was more trustworthy than said family members twice his age.

He pushed for me to take over some of hymn when grandfather first got sick. Chan had already said didn't want anything to do with the business. He wanted to be where he could actually help people even though we manufactured medical equipment. But he stood firm against the wishes of grandfather. He'd seen our parents do it especially our mother. She was an nurturer, loved giving back. And that's what she was doing when she met our father.

Grandfather always said that my father turned weak after meeting her. And it was her fault that he left the company to pursue her dream with her because he couldn't live without her.

And while on one of their mission trips in a three world country. Their site was raided by an terrorist group, they didn't make it back home that September when Chan was seven and I was five. Christmas that year set up a lot dreary one for years to come to us as kids. It was hard, grandfather didn't make it any better with his snide remarks when we cried for them or just even talk about them in his presence. So we slowly spoke of them less and less.

Suddenly my phone began to ring, answering it. It was my most precious niece Aya.

" Hey Pa' ( aunt in Thai ) I have something to ask you ? " she asked getting straight to the point.

" What is it little Aya ? " I countered.

" Um... can you take me to Jump city. My mom said she couldn't take me this Friday because she works. And G- ma and Grandpa said they couldn't either. So that leaves you. Please.... "

Wow here I thought I was special to her but now I've been pushed to an afterthought. But I couldn't say no. I would do anything for her.

" Okay but let me talk to your mom first about it, " I explained.

" Okay bye. Love you, " she said happily then hung up.

And I sat there with the phone still against my ear. I was kind of stunned from those two words.

They had me smile genuinely, made me feel better from earlier  because of where my thoughts went.

Excuse errors, hope this update was okay.