chapter 57

I wanted to run away. I didn't want to face what happened.

I could pretend it didn't happen.

Sierra's pov~

As soon as he said those words. I wanted to run out the door with my hands covering my ears. Screaming " La la-la I can't hear you ! " like I was the age of my own daughter.

Crazy thing about that. She doesn't even resort to that type of behavior. I was ashamed of myself, I let the same man that force and took something from me. Get in with me like it was something normal or nothing bad ever happened between us.

It was my fault for attending that damn charity ball with him. That all whole scene was messed up, I bet it'll be an equally messy YouTube video in the near future. Probably won't be able show my face at work when I go next week.

And it's the problem we have here. This guy wanting to lay out the gory details of the infamous time. Mind you that only happened a mire 7 to 8 hours ago.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, sat down to listen. Even though I didn't want to. I took an defensive stance by crossing arms across my chest.

" Okay now that I've got you're full attention. I want to start first off by saying I'm sorry. And second I think we should think about the future. Our future, together, " Chan stated as he stood in front of me.

I was taken aback. Shocked even, that he would think we would or could have anything together. In the form of an relationship. Who do the fuck he thinks I am ?

He is damn well near or full fledge delusional !

" I think you have lost your mind if you think that to be true, " I said calmly as I slowly got up from the chair that I was seated, didn't care if I was dressed in his robe. I would leave this house with my baby in hand. I couldn't stand to be in his presence any longer.

" Where are you going ? I have finished speaking, " Chan said reaching out, touching my arm.

And I gave him my most Sinister look. That said " Don't you dare touch me ! "

And I guess it prompted him to call one of his staff

" Give Ms. Jones her clothing and her other belongings. "

He turned to me again, said " I'll take you two home once you're dressed. "

" No thank you. I can handle getting my own ride home, " I stated turning my back to him as I followed the maid.

*

*

*

Fully dressed with Aya by my side. We sat on a bench in the hallway adjacent to the front door. I opened the Uber app on my phone. The location popped up, I put my destination, I was all set.

" Why are we leaving Mommy ? I want to play in my room some more, " Aya asked sounding disappointed.

" Because we have to. We have our own home. Plus you have your own room there. This isn't your home Aya, " I explained to her.

" But Daddy said it was. And someday we would live here together. We'll be like be Na-Na's family ( It's Javon and her husband Rob from Javon side story ) " she exclaimed bouncing on the bench seconds away from doing something foolish.

" Aya stop it ! There are families like that but we are not like that. I'm sorry Aya but that's a promise I can definitely not keep, " I tried to explain to her as best as I could without inadvertently hurting her feelings.

Suddenly my phone pinged letting me know that our ride had arrived. And I scooped up Aya, our things, was heading towards the door when...

" Sierra ? So you're not gonna let me say goodbye to my daughter, " Chan said not too far away from us. He then closed the gap, began to touch Aya's hair.

I really wanted to slap his hand away.

" Okay Daddy loves you. I'll see you next time, " he said innocently, kissed her on her forehead. In which I didn't like one bit, I tolerated it for now. Because I didn't want to scare my baby again.

I already did that earlier today, wasn't trying to put her through more.

" Okay now. Our ride's here so we have to go, " I said not looking in his general direction but turning to open the door to leave with Aya on my hip.

*

*

*

Pulling up to the house. The whole car trip was rode in silence. I knew Aya was upset because of our leaving suddenly so she sat quietly. Me on the other hand was in my own thoughts but still paying attention to where the driver was taking us.

I opened my car door side getting out, walked around the car to open the door for Aya. Thanked the driver as I gathered our things. Grabbed Aya's hand as we walked to the front door. As we got closer, the door came wide open, there stood my parents. They looked upset, I knew I was about to hear an earful.

But I wasn't ready for the questions. I just wanted to shower, lie down. And take something for this throbbing headache I felt coming on. So I side stepped, passed them with Aya in tow. And before they could say in anything. I said something first.

" Please watch Aya for me. I'm not feeling well. Thanks, " I told them, made my way upstairs without looking back.

I did hear my parents asked Aya what happened. And I heard her talking about princesses and pretty dresses. Her room at her Daddy's house before I went into the bathroom.

Hopefully this shower can wash away everything. Memories, the past and all negativity.

If only it could. Then I could have some peace of mind.

I hope this chapter wasn't a dud. Hopefully I'll have another in the next week.

And I wanna say thanks to all who got this book to 68k reads. I love you all ❤ I'm praying for everyone's safety and health 🙏