chapter 50

We made it !!!

Chapter 50
I never thought this story would get this far.

Now on with the chapter....

Chan's pov~

The waiting game was unbearable. I thought she was going to see through my act. That I actually didn't have to get back to hospital. But she knew my profession, what it entails. So she had no choice to believe.

I just had to head home, wait for the call from Nan. That everything was set, I'd get ready on my end. And hopefully everything was good on hers. Especially with Sierra being so against going to the Ball with me of all things. I had my worries for the past week. That she'll flat out refuse or decide to go with someone else. Maybe with that guy that's always hanging around her, her friends. A guy doesn't spend time around a bunch of females without an agenda.

I've read the guy. And he's not the type. It's nothing wrong with that. I have people in my family that are. Long story short, he interest in someone that's mine. I'm not planning anytime soon on giving up.

The call came an hour longer than I expected. I thank the heavens for this chance, went to my bedroom to take a shower, get ready.

As the water ran down my soaped up body. I thought on what Nan told me. Sierra was pissed at first but soon she was letting herself be primped and prepped. And Aya was exited to see the final result as well as I. So I had to rush to get ready to head over to my sister's house.

..............

I sped over there probably ran a stop light or two. I got there in twenty minutes, parked in the looped driveway. I texted Nan to let her know I was outside. She texted back for me to wait five minutes.

»»»»»»»

Minutes passed as they were supposed to. I got out the car, walked to the front. Knocked one, someone I didn't know answered. I was told to wait in the foyer for a bit.

I heard people clapping, Aya's voice then Nan's. And that same person that opened the door for me earlier. Told me to follow them, I did so.

When I did. I got my first glimpse of an angel. She was beautiful, I couldn't take my eyes off her. Then I noticed that she couldn't take hers off me. It made my heart swell to know I still had that kind of effect on her. I wanted to rush over to where she stood, take her in my arms. Never let go, proceed to take her upstairs not before telling everyone to leave. Of course have Nan take Aya to a place of her liking. Go to the bedroom not caring that I was required to be at the Charity Ball. Block the world out, swoop her up, place her on the bed to make sweet love to her in a very passionate way.

I needed to reign it in because this was the night I'd show her that she could be with me. I'd show her a real good time.

...........................

Sierra's pov~

We've been in the car for no longer than five minutes. Throughout the short span, I felt eyes on me as he tried to focus on driving. I was kind of anxious by the fact so I hoped to God that we'd make it to our destination without incident.

" Keep your eyes on the road buddy. I have a family that loves and needs me, " I told him with my eyes focus ahead.

I wondered did I need to be on the lookout for both us. I had to be the rational one. And what I didn't need to be doing was to be " making eyes " at him as my mother says. Even though he looked good all dressed up.

" I am, I am " Chan chimed into my thoughts, gave me one of those smiles that I'm sure other women would definitely fall for.

But not me. Certainly.

" You know. I'm only going with you tonight because of Aya, " I stated letting it be known that I wasn't here because I totally wanted to. At least that is what I kept telling myself. I can't let him fool me again.

" Well it's quite alright. Just know I'd show you a good time. And I truly hope that Aya's not the only reason. Couldn't there be something else ? "

" Are you talking about the folks that helped me get ready for tonight ? " I asked to throw him off, laughed a little putting my focus on the scenery out the car window.

" I must say they have done one helluva job. But I saw the way you were looking at me back there. Eyes don't lie Sierra, " he stated making me stunned for words.

All I could do was take a breath. And I didn't say another word until the car stopped in front of an swanky hotel. I instantly knew I was going to feel out of place in there.

Next I knew. The door was being opened by what I knew to be an valet. And in a second Chan was there with his hand extended for me to take. I did, we walked the stairs to the hotel's entrance.

Once in, cold hit my skin. I shivered but only a little. When I looked around lobby it was something out of an fairytale. I shivered again but not from the cold but from magnitude of it all.

It was only the lobby we were in, it scared the shit out of me. My body was screaming for me to get out of here.

" What's wrong Sierra ? You look unwell ? " Chan asked as he looked me over giving his doctor assessment.

" I need to leave. I know I had no business being at place like this. Take me home, " the words flew out of mouth without taking a breath.

" No. I am not. It'll be fine, " Chan assured me patting on the shoulders delicately.

But it didn't soothe my fears at all. I had to leave. I had to leave fast.

" Well if you're not gonna take me. I'll call a cab. Good bye, " I said, started to walk away. Then I heard someone calling my name.

And when I turned around. It couldn't be that person. It made me feel that I had all the more reason to leave.

" Hello cousin. I haven't spoken to you in awhile. I would ask you why you're here. But simple questions make you turn violent. Wouldn't want to see you in the news tomorrow, " that vile person chuckled a bit when sudden I noticed there was an man by her side.

Just then my arm was tugged a little. I looked to the right of me, saw it was Chan.

I hope he didn't heard her speak to me that way.

" Sierra ? Why did you walk off like that ? We can leave if you want to ? I understand. I just need to let a few people know first that I'm leaving, " he focused his questions all on me not paying any attention to the couple before us.

" I'm not leaving, " I stated because of noticing on how the couple was dressed. I knew they were here for the same reason Chan and I were here.

I wouldn't let her or myself ruin the night. That took hours to get ready for. Plus I'd show that wasn't some lonely soul that doesn't get out, do things.

Thanks for the 44k reads ❤
Did anyone guess who the person who Sierra didn't want to see ?

Thanks for the 44k reads ❤Did anyone guess who the person who Sierra didn't want to see ?