Chapter 6

At home...

Sitting at the kitchen table, staring off into space. I finally noticing a hand waving in front of my face.

" Sierra, Sierra can you hear me?, I asked you a question, " my mother asked concerned.

Snapping out of it I say," Huh? Oh I'm sorry I was lost in thought. "

" What had you thinking so much you couldn't answer me ? " she asked.

" Nothing, " I told her leaving the kitchen to go into the living room.

Taking a seat on the couch, I noticed Aya watching a rerun of DBZ. My mom takes a seat next to me and asks," Now what's going on Sie ? "

" Probably just overwhelmed with work, " I answered looking back at the TV.

" You sure? " she pries.

" It's nothing ok, " I said with a little bit of anger.

" Sierra I was just.....", she says as a timer goes off in the kitchen. As she made her way back into the kitchen she turned back and said to me," We'll talk later, okay. "

At dinner while scooping some mashed potatoes onto Aya's plate my mom informs me," You know our family reunion is next month. "

" No I forgot, " I said but I didn't wanna go anyways." And you've missed the one two years ago, "she stated." Okay and...? " I say knowing it's rude but I really don't want to go.

" And you should attend because everyone was asking about you. You know them and their questions, I really don't want to go by myself again," she tells me.

" That's just it! Them and their questions. I'm not going, I have work remember," I stated.

" Yes I know that but you work hard, six days a week. You can take some time off, You've got vacation days don't you? " she asks having a hopeful face willing me to go.

" I do but I still don't wanna go, " I say really wishing she would drop this conversation cause I ain't going.

" You really need a break Sierra. All you do is work, take care of Aya and sometimes go out with your friends from work. You look exhausted just come with me. Plus they been asking, especially your grand mother has been wanting to see Aya, " she said laying it on thick for me to give in.

Trying to finish my meal, am kind of pissed that she would use Aya in this. Watching and waiting for me to answer her she asked," So you're going right ? " smiling knowing am about to give in.

Sighing I whisper," Fine I'll go. " Thinking to myself am probably gonna regret this.

At the hospital cafeteria....

" Heard you put in for you're vacation days, " Jasmine says.

" Yeah my family is having a reunion in South Carolina, " I tell her.

" I wanna come with you girl, so we can go the beach and I can find a hot guy. Let's go shopping for swimsuits this weekend, " she exclaimed.

Just then Sara sits down and asked," So what are we talking about? "

" We're talking about Sierra and I going to South Carolina, " Jasmine tells her.

" Really I wish I could go, " Sara said sadly.

" Why ? " Jasmine asked.

" Because I already used my vacation days for my wedding and honeymoon remember, " she tells us.

" Well we haven't used any of ours, so we're good, " Jasmine says with a playful grin on her face.

Elbowing her I tell Sara," It's just a family reunion my mother begged me to go to, that's all. "

" Not for me, I'm wondering if there's gonna be some fine single male family members there, " Jasmine smirked.

Sara and I rolled our eyes at her.

3 weeks later...

Out shopping with Jasmine, the mall is packed. Probably because of all the back to school sales. I really should've left Aya home she keeps getting into things. I don't want to be accused of stealing.

" I just realized, I hate malls, "I say wiping the sweat off my forehead.

" Mommy, Can we go home now, " Aya pouts stopping as people looked they were gonna run into her. I don't want have fight somebody today.

" We'll be leaving soon, okay, " I tell her holding her hand in a more secure hold.

" I'm going to Victoria Secret, I'll meet y'all at the food court, " Jasmine says.

" Okay then, " I say loudly over the crowd of people that formed in front of me and Aya.

Lugging my bags and Aya to the food court. Holding her hand tightly trying not to lose her in the crowd.

Heading for the line forming in front of the Chick -fil-A . I order a spicy chicken sandwich meal, for Aya a kids meal.

Struggling with our food and bags while keeping a watchful eye on Aya. Finally finding a table, I put everything down. Going over to one of the booster seat stands picking one up, placing Aya in before taking a seat myself.

Letting out a sigh of relief I hear Jasmine calling out to us ." I'm getting some Subway I'll be right back," she told us.

Coming back to the table with food and bags in hand she sits and says," They had a good sale we should go back after we eat girl. "

" I think we're done, Aya's tired plus my feet are killing me, "I explained to her.

" If you say so, " she said chowing down on her Subway sandwich.

At home...

Going through all of my purchases. I can't believe I let Jasmine talk me into more shopping. But there were some really good sales. Especially the children clothes, I bought Aya a lot of cute little outfits. And I did go back in Victoria Secret and got me a few things.

Hearing my phone ping. Picking it up, seeing it's another message from Chan.

" I'm sorry again, I didn't mean to yell at you like that. Please answer I really want to say this over the phone, " it reads.

I really wasn't that upset, I just couldn't bring myself to answer any of his calls or messages these past few weeks. For what, I don't know.

Laying my phone down, I really need a shower so I head to the bathroom, cleanse myself from walking all day at the mall.

Today is my mother's birthday I was really trying to update my story before going out to celebrate her birthday. 😄

It might have errors sorry but thanks for reading!😀

As always don't forget to vote, comment and share! 🙌