Chapter 7

As I am lugging our bags downstairs, I heard the door bell ring. Sitting the last one down, walking towards the door. Upon opening it, I see it's Jasmine with a goofy smile on her face.

    " Y'all ready to hit the road! I'm really looking forward to this trip! " she says so loud that causes Aya to make a b- line towards us jumping into her arms.

   " Yay! I am ready! " Aya says cheerfully hugging her tightly.

   " I'm ready as I'll ever be, " I say taking Aya off her cause it looks like she has her in a death grip.

   Playfully grasping for air she asks," How long does it take to drive from Ohio to South Carolina?", as we walk in the living room.

   " I don't know maybe somewhere in the range of 8 or 9 hours, not even a half of day, " my mom answers while putting her last few things in her bag before zipping it.

   ------------

   Arranging our bags in the trunk of the SUV that Jasmine rented I asked," So who's driving first ? "

   " You, since you brought it up first girl," Jasmine said with a smile pasted on her face.

   " Fine but you're next in line girl, " I said slapping her on the shoulder.

   " Come on! Y'all I want us to get there before night, " my mom tells us getting in the backseat.

   " Alright ! " we both say as get in the driver and passenger seats .

    Looking to the backseat seeing an excited Aya I ask her, " You're ready Aya ! "She screams," Yeah!" " Well let's hit the road then! " I laughed as I pulled out the driveway.

    3 hours later.....

     We enter a rest stop in Wytheville, Virginia. Cause we need to stretch plus Aya keeping asking to use the restroom.

   Hurrying to the restrooms to get Aya there before she goes on herself, my mom said.

   " We'll meet you at Subway, " she tells me. " Let's go Jazz, " she told Jasmine taking by the arm.

   " Okay," I answered while making a dash into the restroom to the first stall that was free.

   ----------

     Out of the restroom and Thanking God we made it in time cause I didn't wanna clean up the mess Aya could've made.

     Making our way over to Subway, seeing my mother and Jasmine waiting in this long ass line. " Order for us Mom! " I shouted across the restaurant because of the all commotion going on.

  She noticed me and asks," What do y'all want ? "

" Um... a tuna sub and a kid's meal, " I tell her as Aya and I take a seat at a nearby table.

   ----------

   After eating and resting for about thirty minutes. We hit the restrooms cause I don't another incident like earlier. With a full tank, we set out with Jasmine at the wheel.

    5 1/2 hours later...

      Three stops and a switch of driver, we would've gotten here sooner but we did some sight seeing. We're finally in Charleston, South Carolina, thinking to myself " What a beautiful city. "

  Pulling up to my aunt Laura's house, I see my grandmother sitting on the porch drinking iced tea. I roll down the window and shout," Hi grandma! " her hearing is not what it used to be. Having trouble finding where the voice came from, she finally spots me and says," Oh hi y'all here already, It seems like I just talk to you're mother on the phone, "she smiled.