Chapter 22

Just wanna say thanks to readers for 4K reads ! Now on wit the chapter I hope y'all will enjoy it 😄

Sierra's pov ~

Last night, I woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. I sat up in bed, felt like something was off.

But what ? I questioned and after that I couldn't fall back asleep.

It's been five days since I was released from the hospital. I thank god too cause I was going stir crazy being in there. And I haven't seen or heard from him either.

Like I could care less about him. I had many tasks that needed to be done.

That's why as soon as I left the hospital, I went straight to my mission to find a new place of work.

Same position at a different hospital is what I searched for. I'm even considering finding one in another state if I have to or what's available.

" I know am doing the right thing, " I thought to myself as I got Aya ready for daycare later that morning.

It's the middle of the week and I'm going back to work today. I still feel pretty sluggish but I gotta keep working there until I get a call back for an interview.

So I am stuck for now.....

At the hospital~

After dropping Aya off, I headed straight to work.

I was kind of nervous walking into the building. I knew I shouldn't feel this way. And I was gonna let fear control my life.

So I pushed all of my anxiety down, made my way through the lobby towards the elevator. Then I heard a male's voice call out name.

" Sierra ! "

For a second my heart sank....

When I turned around and it wasn't the person I thought it was. I was relieved.

Thank god !

" Hey.... Good morning Sam. "

" Good morning, I'm glad to see you're doing well. Am not gonna lie I missed seeing you here, " he smiled.

" So you only come to work because I'm here, " I teased him.

" Yes, I mean no, I am sorry I didn't mean it that way, " he said flustered.

" I get it, don't worry about it, " I grinned feeling at ease for the first time this morning.

The elevator chimed and opened, we stepped in. And Sam pushed the button for our floor, few others came in then the door closed.

At lunch~

As Jasmine and Sarah were laughing at something Jasmine said.

I sat there quietly weighing my options. I knew me and these two good friends of mine would still be friends after I transfer.

But I would miss this, us eating lunch together talking about whatever. Jasmine crazy ass stories and Sarah's expression when she didn't get what we were saying.

And even Sam.....

I mean what did I really think of him ?

He's nice and intelligent, funny at times. Easy to talk to plus he has a big heart.

But.....

I just can't work here with that person. Just knowing he was working in the same building. It would make me feel uneasy.

I really needed to focus on something else.

And that something was Aya. Parents Day is coming up and needed my attention.

" Girl what have you been thinking about cause you've been quiet since we got here, " Jasmine prodded.

" Yeah we're here for you. You can tell us, we'll listen, " Sarah added.

" It's nothing, I wanna make Parents Day great for Aya. I have to help her practice a song and dance which my mother has been helping her with in my place. And I felt really guilty that couldn't help her in the beginning. So that's all there is, that's weighing on my mind right now.

" You sure, " Jasmine asked concerned.

" I'm sure. "

The next day~

After work, I was headed to the grocery store with Aya.

And suspicious is to why my mother couldn't pick her up today. I thought I was gonna a little breather for an hour or so before they came home.

In the store now as I pushed Aya along in the grocery cart.

Putting vegetables in, Aya made a grossed out face because of the broccoli I placed in the cart.

Then turning the corner into the cereal aisle, I started to put an box of oatmeal in when Aya said.

" Miss Simmons said we have to bring finger foods or cupcakes. I want cupcakes ! And I want Lucky Charms ! " she sang getting excited as we passed the box of cereal.

" Okay, baby calm down. I'll get the cupcakes but the Lucky Charms are a No. "

" Aw but Mommy why can't I get them. "

" Because I said so. "

" Why, Why, Why please mommy, " she whined trying to get her way.

" Just let her get the cereal, I'll pay for it, " a male voice spoke causing me to look in the direction it came from.

Chan.

" You... Why are you here ? " I asked shocked.

He was the last person I wanted to see right now.

" Mommy ? Who's that ? " Aya asked innocently.

" Nobody, " I said ready to pushed the cart right passed him.

" Aw come on Sierra. Why would you say something like that ? After all I'm her.... "

" I don't wanna hear another got damn word outta your mouth ! " I snapped cutting him off.

It's been awhile hasn't it 😅

How do y'all feel about Chan showing up at the grocery ?

And what about her stopping him from telling Aya who he was ?

Thanks for reading 😄 vote, comment and share ✌