chapter 58

I thought on how Sierra had acted when she came home. She didn't know how worried I was. As well as her father

Evelyn ( Sierra's mom ) ~

I tried interrogating Aya on what happened while they were away. But it was hard for her to have to sit still to tell me everything. She would jump from one subject to the next. To princess dresses to the big fluffy waffles she ate this morning.

But what really got to me. Was the mention of her father. She spoke highly of him. And I thought to myself that he must be pulling out all the stops to get this much praise.

Then I instantly knew why Sierra was upset. She didn't want anything to do with him. Especially given their past. And certainly I can't forgive him for hurting my daughter. But I also knew that you can't keep a child from their father. In the eyes of the law, they wouldn't care what happened that made the child come into this world.

So sadly. He is Aya's father, we couldn't do anything about it. Even though I like for Aya to not have anything to do with the man.

And I did some research, he's just the man I thought he was. Rich and an egotistical person. That probably wants everything his way. His family has enough money that could top any sort of lawyer we'd try to hire. That is if Sierra would fight an custody battle in court.

God was so unfair to my baby. Why would he have my daughter to run in with the likes of this Chan fellow. He's hurt her in the past, now that he's back. He's hurting her once again.

" G-ma ? What's wrong ? " Aya shook my arm bringing me out of my thoughts.

Her and her smiling cherub-like face always could bring me out of an funk. I don't want to even think about not seeing her on a daily basis.

" Oh nothing my sweet baby. I was just thinking about what to cook for tonight's dinner. What would you like G-ma to make ? Hamburgers or Fish sandwiches ? "

And she answered back excitedly " Hamburgers ! Hamburgers ! "

" Okay ! G-ma will get right to work ! " I got up to go to the kitchen.

*

*

*

We ate dinner without incident. Besides the fact that Sierra didn't come downstairs when I asked Aya to go up, tell her dinner was ready.

She must've waved her off or was already asleep. That was my guess because Aya came back into the kitchen with an sad look on her face. I asked what was wrong, she said.

" Mommy's not feeling well, " she spoke in a small voice, got up into a chair, went to eating her food.

She had me worried but after awhile she was her usual happy go lucky self.

*

*

I was cleaning the kitchen, I felt my husband behind me. And he came in to hug me from behind. He kissed the top of my head like usual. But I could tell he was holding something back.

" Do you have something to say to me honey ? "

He hesitated for seconds then he cleared his throat.