chapter 55

I thought that my decision to premiere my ideas. That was definitely going to be put into fruition would sit well with Sierra. But boy was I wrong....

Chan's pov~

I should've known that asshole would have made a scene. The signs were all there. But I digress, I didn't have time to really pay that much attention. I had serious issues to address to the hospital board, the rich alike.

To invest in this project, help those who couldn't help their selves. Plus get a good tax write off in the process. But I really think this project will help thousands of children and families all over the world. Maybe even millions over the course of ten years.

So when I went on stage, I thought everything was going well after I hit my several key points. Was only too happy to let this room know about my beautiful daughter. And thought Sierra would be happy, all would be right in the world.

But she was highly upset, it was understatement. Because I could tell where her thoughts would be also heading. I couldn't stop in the middle of my speech to explain things to her. Like they say " The show must go on. "

Suddenly in the middle of my speaking that jackass exploded. He set about doing a disservice to his family by coming on stage, confronting me. In which I couldn't let myself response in front of all these potential investors. I had to keep my cool, known it would be an later date for us to hash out our differences. Even though I knew I wasn't going to let either a man or family keep me away from what was obviously mine.

And what's mines is the beautiful woman I'm currently, literally chasing after.

*
*
*

Once I made it through the crowd, out the door. I looked around trying spot to her. I didn't even know why people started to leave because it wasn't like a full out violent scene. It was drunk guy stumbling across a stage basically ranting. But I guess people weren't taking any chances. Some had families, loved ones, most of all businesses to run.

I just hoped that what happened didn't interfere with what I had planned. Business-wise with potential donations. Even interfering with my relationship status. But don't get me wrong, I'd worked hard to accomplish all three.

So I took another sweep around the area. And saw her speed walking down the street. And I race down the stairs to catch up with her bumping into folks along the way.

........................

Sierra's pov~

I was out of breath, my feet were killing me. And God why did I had to have down those two drinks like water. I didn't drink especially since that night. How could I be so stupid.

What I needed to do was to leave so I got burst of energy to walk faster. But then I faltered because I felt my strap on one of my shoes snap.

Oh shit ! I'm going to bust my face after all.

I know I saw myself going forward towards the ground. But miraculously I didn't hit the ground. I had my eyes closed tightly but I didn't feel the impact so I was good. Only problem now. Who saved me ?

A stranger or anyone I knew. But not one of those two that I so didn't want to see. They were on point dangerous as any stranger right now. Especially how things went down.