chapter 44

I truly wish my Nan hadn't left the company in charge to a prick of the likes of one called Ramil.

Terb's pov~

I was more than a little suspicious of the man. He was charming, intelligent in front of the other board members. His public persona was on point to get the job done. But it was his push to take the business in a different direction. And it didn't add up, the board members well some of them were skeptical as well as I was.

Not liking the way things were going, that's when I sent Nan the reports without checking them over. And reason behind that was because as I was sending them, wanted to look at them to check on discrepancies. Right on cue one Ramil's goons just happened to walk in on me which I didn't think was an coincidence. So I press send without even doing what I set out to do.

And as of now I was really anxiously waiting for Nan's call to find out if she spotted anything to knocked him out of his position, have Nan come back to take her rightful place. I didn't want anything to happen to the company. This company helped me as well as my family. I would do anything for Nan. Plus I feel he isn't the right sort of man to stand in for the job, he's not the right image for a company like this. The people might not see it but he has done things in the past, now can that land him in jail which I think where he should be.

And his attitude towards women was atrocious. He doesn't respect them, I know he sees them as tools or maybe trophies. I just hope he isn't using company money to fund his adventures of that kind. I don't have any ill will towards those women but I'm a one woman guy, plan to stay that way.

I hope in the future that Nan and I would marry. And no I'm not intimidated by her position in the company nor am I supposedly loving her to get in good with her. I loved her since childhood when my father worked here until he died two years ago. I just hoped people would see that but right now we're not letting our relationship be known even though we've been friends first.

But I do wish we were free, I do believe there would be some backlash especially on my part. And I can admit that I wasn't looking forward to it. But at the same time I'd stick it out for my love.

.............................

Sierra's pov ~

I woke up refreshed, ready to go to work. But when I got there, Sam was standing by my locker, looking like he had something serious to say by the look he was giving me.

" We need to talk. "

I was taken aback not knowing what this talk entailed. But whatever he had to say I'd hear him out for friendship's sake.

" Of course. What's up ? " I replied as we moved over to an bench on the other side of the lockers.

" I know everything Sierra. "

Shocked. I didn't know what he was talking about but somewhere in the back of my mind. I knew.

" Sam ? What are you trying to say ? " I just had to ask even though I had an idea of what it was trying to say.

" Jazz and Sarah told me what went on with you and that guy, " he spoke seeming to be sieving with anger.

I was angry too at this moment. They had no right to disclose my past to Sam. And still I was trying to figure out why he was so angry.

" I'll have to have a talk with them later. And I don't have to tell you everything. We haven't known each other that long anyway, " I stated, starting to get up but was pulled back down. And turned to face an remorseful looking Sam.

" I'm sorry Sierra but I know I shouldn't be saying this to you. I feel it's super wrong, horrible for what Dr. Bowsuwan has done to you. You should report him ! " he exclaimed while his hands were placed on my shoulders. Which only made me uncomfortable.

I just had to tell him off for getting too much in my business. It was like he was desperate or something. Giving a piercing stare that made me want to run away. I knew what this was, I wasn't having it. But there was one other thing that I pondered amongst this uncomfortable interaction we were having.

Why was he so heated about something that happened to me. I knew he cared for me, I cared as far as friendship. Was this a case of " I am your super hero, I want to save you " type of thing. It better not be what I think it is.

I'm not ready for anything outside of friendship. I only tolerate Chan because he's the father of my child. Even if he's done that god awful thing to me in the past. I can't imagine my life without my baby girl.

Just like I can't see myself with anyone, anytime soon. So I carefully lifted his hands off my shoulders, slid back and stood.

" I feel that now is not the time for this conversation. I'd appreciate it if you'll never bring this up again. Then I'll not have to distance myself from you. "

" But you have to stay away from guys like him. They will only bring you to ruin in the end. Sierra he needs to be jailed for what he's done. And I can help make that happen, "  he told me making the last part said as a matter of fact.

" Didn't I just tell you not to mention it again. God ! I don't need you to do anything Sam ! "

I yelled as Sam stood in shock. Maybe he's never heard me raise my voice like this or was it my words.

Then for what seemed like hours but was minutes. He turned, walked away. I watched him a bit then walked away myself.

Do you think Sierra was too harsh with Sam ?

Also do you think Chan should pay for what he's done to Sierra ? Because he's done a lot.

Anyways as always excuse my errors.