𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

( chapter )thirty-three

( chapter )
thirty-three

CASSIOPEIA BLACK WROTE HER
last full-stop on her test paper with so much force, that the tip of her quill broke.

But she couldn't care less.

She was just relived that all of her exams were finally over, she no-longer had to study all the time, writing notes on every piece of spare parchment she could find.

She was just relived she was free from the endless hours being spent in the library, that used to be so fun, but because she hadn't been talking to James much recently, the hours seemed to stretch on as she studied.

James couldn't help but chuckle under his breath as he watched Cassie place her quill down eagerly as she turned her papers back to her front cover.

He smiled more as he watched her look at the clock, then do a small fist pump in the air as she realised they only had a few minutes left before they could leave the hall and celebrate the end of exams for that year.

James and Cassie both had the same thing on their minds as they watched the clock tick down, counting the seconds until they were free.

They were both ready to tell the other person how they felt.

Cassie was ready to open up to James, tell him what she was feeling and how scared she was, but she was willing to give them a shot if he was, and she really hoped he was.

James was ready to tell Cassie that he was here for her, no matter what she did to push him away, and no matter what she felt, he would always be there for her.

The two were ready to tell they other person they liked them, and in more of a friendly way.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"Five more minutes!" Professor Flitwick yelled out, his voice amplifying in the hall.

The sound of quills scribbling on the page became louder as more people began to write down their answers, going back over answers that they had missed, or had more to add to.

Professor Flitwick began to walk up and down the aisles between the desks where students were working, his head only just skimming the top of their single desks as he walked.

He walked past James', whose hair messier than usual as he had woken up late seeing as he was studying all night long for their final exam. James placed him quill down and then he quickly brought his parchment up to his eyes, reading through his answers once more before time was up.

James quickly looked up, before yawning and catching sight of Cassie, a hand running through his hair, messing it up more than usual.