First day in Oklahoma!

Start from the beginning

We pulled into our new homes driveway. There was some work that needed to be done, but it won't be such a problem. There was some vines that were growing up along the side of the house which made the house look very pretty and sort of old. Besides that I can finally stretch my legs from a long drive. 

"So there is two floors?" I asked me father.

"Yes there is. Go on ahead and look for a room for yourself." He told me. 

I opened the doors to the new house, the smell of the new house was very old, the looks inside it was very well carved. It must have took a long time to carve. 

I went upstairs, they creaked and made various noises. I looked around in the three rooms that were upstairs. I had picked the one closest to the end of the stairs. 

After we got settled and looked around the place I choose my room, which is up stairs. Its a big room, not something i'm really used to. 

I went downstairs and helped packing the truck.

"Hey dad, a little help here." I said struggling to get a box up the stairs. He came over and helped.

"Don't take anything to heavy that you can't get. And don't hurt yourself." My dad said.

My dads strict on things but he's only wanting the best of what I could do. He's actually really awesome. I love him to death but now is the time to talk and be with him after all those years we haven't got to spend time together.

These stairs were like a mile long.

I finally got the last box into my room. I opened it and pulled out a picture frame with a picture of my mother and I when I was younger. I put it on the shelf along with my other frames.

"Mother we are back at home." I said.

We actually lived in Cushion Oklahoma but this area is a better place.

"Fewv, its really hot." I said to myself as i put the rest of the frames along by ea. I was panting really hard so I went downstairs and got a glass of cold water.

"Its only 90°." My dad said coming I'm with the last box.

"It sure feels more than 90° though. Is it suppose to be cooler tomorrow?" He chuckled a little as I finished my sentence.

"You'll get used to it. And yes I'm hearing we are supposed to get storms later so I'm gonna watch the news." I gave him a slight glare. He didn't notice though. But then I laughed and had a sarcastic look about the weather.

He left the room to go get a couple things out of the car. So I looked out the window.

"It sure is a pretty great place. Mom sure would be happy if she saw this beautiful view." I said to myself.

"It sure is. And I'm sure mom already is. She's the one that brought us here." I jumped to see Nick behind me.

"Wait, how?" I asked.

"Well dad was talking about it all the time when I visited him. And so then he looked intently and we ended up here again." Nick said to me.

"Well I'm glad we are back at home." I said looking out the window again.

"I'm glad as well. Nice conversation. I'm headed to the shop, my truck is not starting up. You want to come?" He asked.

"Not really I got stuff to do like unpack my belongings in my room." I said.

"Alright, well I better get going. Bye baby sis!" He said as he turned around.

"Have you unpacked your things yet?" I asked him.

"No I can't." He said and walked out the door.

"Bye Nicky, Don't do anything stupid." I said teasing him.

I went up to my room to go unpack a little, but was stopped by my dad.

"Can you please come down here and help Nick?" He asked. 

I went down and helped getting everything else out of the truck. 

It took about two hours to unload everything. It might have been really hot outside, but with water we sure did it. I sat down on the couch. 

Awhile later my dad came in after Nick went out the door.

I sat there watching him intensely as he brought in small items from the car. 

"Is the television hooked up yet dad?" I asked.

"I suppose it should be. I asked Nick to get all the wiring and stuff hooked up but I don't know if he did." My dad left to go to his room.

I went over to the TV and checked. 

"Nope he didn't. I guess ill do it then." I said.  

I went underneath the TV to connect all the wires in the right holes. 

My dad came back out of his bedroom. 

"How are you doing?" He asked. 

 I went to look up and Then suddenly hit my head on the TV stand.

"Gosh, damn it!" I said out loud.

"Are you OK?" My dad asked.

"Yeah just hit my head, but its hooked up." I rubbed my head where it hurt.

"That's good! You might want to get some ice for that head." My dad informed me said.

My dad turned on the TV and put the news on.

"Thanks dad!" I said.

I went to the refrigerator and got an ice pack and overheard the TV. So I froze and listened.

~News report~
"Good morning Oklahomans, today we have some extraordinary news for you. First off we will kick back with a weather update. Allen? 

'Thanks Le-Anne, as you may know we have been updating you with the weather that is sure to come today. The rest of the day should be sunny and mildly hot. But later on today we are issuing a storm that is pretty big coming from the west. It may provoke with high winds, hail, and maybe tornadoes. We will update you later.'  Back...."

My dad turned the TV off. 

"Seems very odd how the first day we get here there are going to be severe weather...."

He got up.

 "I better go and clean that storm shelter then!" He left.